Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So......what's your minimum limit?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So......what's your minimum limit?

Buttons or better.............
Old 07-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I look for 20 + spread and mass. Late in the year I may just shoot to shoot or just to put one on the board for the team.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

A really good buck here has made it pasthis4th b-daygoing into the hunting seasonand will generally score in the 140-150 range gross with good genetics.My goal is to kill a buck 4 years old or older. Let the score take care of itself. I have seena couplehere this summerthat will push up into the 150's gross. No giants but solid bucks for here. I have lots of scouting left to do though before season opens. Still looking for a booner..dont know as I have ever seen one.. but I enjoy looking, and I know there are few scattered out in these mountains.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

If its a buck, and I am very picky, it has to be pretty big. At least an 8, but a trophy class deer. I know everyones opinion of a trophy varies, but in the neighborhood of 135-140 as a minimum. And I have probably let more than one of these go. The deer has to look big to me. I am still proud to say I have never taken a buck I have had to make an excuse for. If there is any question in my mind, even if its on my own land, I'll let him go. I'm used to having unfilled buck tags, so it doesn't really break my heart. We have plenty of does, and there are always more that need killing, so why shoot a buck this year that would be a true giant next fall when you can have the doe? I just don't personally see the point. And if someone else would get more enjoyment out of that buck than I would by killing him, hey thats awesome too! But I'd just feel guilty if I shot a buck that wasn't truely at his peak potential.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:48 AM

I'll shoot a nice looking six point or above that has at least some mass.

Ken
Old 07-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm going to say 120 or 3.5+. Its more likea 130" min, but I'll allow for some misjudging.
[8D]ditto! I ate tag soup last year because of it and loved every minute of it.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:10 AM
Dominant Buck

My goal is to kill a buck 4 years old or older. Let the score take care of itself.
I agree, Shed. I will shoot a 3.5 if it's a nice one (in my home woods).....but it'll also have to be a deer I plan to taxi.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well 140 or better with the camera rolling!!! Or as Talltines said a big ole sway belly that has some years on him and just needs to go!!! Walt
Old 07-20-2007, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

An eight point or better that is at least 21/2.I would shoot less than an eight point if it is obviously an older deer with mass or character.Real wide and heavy but no brow tines,four or five points on one side freaky on the other,that type of thing.
I don't like to eat a buck tag but I do hold to my criteria.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm looking for a 3.5 year old or a 110" or better in PA, and 100" or better in NJ unless I can find a nice buck still in velvet after filling my earn-a-buck tag.

Quick Reply: So......what's your minimum limit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.