Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage....No KE loss

Old 07-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Rage....No KE loss

I was watching a Dream Season episode last night and saw some team, after mulies/whitetails. The wife was in position to shoot a whitetail but said no I want to hold out for a mulie and the husband said well let me try with my recurve. Moral to the story he shot a whitetail with the recurve, double lunged him and was using a Rage MECHANICAL broadhead. First time I've head of anyone using mechanicals out of a recurve and with the double lung PASS THRU, I'm guessing the minimal KE jazz holds up. I am seriouslly considering shooting these heads this year. What do you guys think, it looked as if he was using the 3blade too. Anyone else see it?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rage....No KE loss

I am watching the recording right now...I plan to use the 2 blades this year....The recurve hunt is actually just starting.

wow...that did a hell of a job..the deer didn't go very far at all.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck_Slayer

I am watching the recording right now...I plan to use the 2 blades this year....The recurve hunt is actually just starting.

He makes an awesome shot on an AWESOME deer
Old 07-18-2007, 07:08 PM

nope, but i will be using them this fall. i like the 2 blade myself, butwith that much cutting-diameter i think it won't matter what rage your shooting.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just watched that episode, dang that buck got whacked!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 2 blade and love em!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Havent seen it but that does seem odd that someone would shoot a recurve with mechanicals for many reasons. But mainly i thought the whole idea of recurve was using 'traditional' equipment...interesting though...
Old 07-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Havent seen it but that does seem odd that someone would shoot a recurve with mechanicals for many reasons. But mainly i thought the whole idea of recurve was using 'traditional' equipment...interesting though...
x2

Sounds like the kind of guy who would put spinner rims on a 70 Chevelle.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's safe to say he was shooting them because they are a major sponsor of the show.

With that said they do seem to lose less energy than any other large diameter mechanical I have used. I used to use the 2" vortex heads, and even the 1.25" (IIRC) steel heads didn't seem to penetrate as well and seemed that they lost more energy. Last year 2 out of the 3 deer I shot were hard quartering shots that all encountered several ribs and the thin part of the far side shoulder blade and I still got pass throughs that were buried in the dirt on the other side including one that was a 43 yard shot. As a matter of fact the 43 yard shot after hitting ribs and thin shoulder blade still had enough energy to wreck the shaft when it hit a rock on the way into the dirt on the other side.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I think it's safe to say he was shooting them because they are a major sponsor of the show.

I'm with you on this one.

Quick Reply: Rage....No KE loss

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.