Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Release???

Old 07-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Release???

I upgraded all my gear last year (bow,arrows,accessories) except for my release.I'm still using a cheap release I bought a couple years ago when I first got started.I want to upgrade my release but never really new what to look for.What are somethings I need to consider when buying a newone? Most of them look basically the same.Right now I have one with a buckle strap and I'd like togo witha buckle.Anybody have any suggestions and recommendations?
Thanks,
James
Old 07-17-2007, 10:23 PM

Default RE: Release???

Scott Sabertooth.

Hands down one of the nicest releases on the market (that I've found.)
Old 07-18-2007, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Copper head xtra. Very nice if you are draw length challenged.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I currently have the kind where the caliper sits on a strap. I'm going to get one with a solid bar for the next release. I don't like the strap because I feel like it could stretch and change things even if it's just a little bit. I also feel they make more noise when they are on the strap.

Tom
Old 07-18-2007, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

BAMA I have a loop on all my bows. I use two releases. I carry both with me in thewoods or swamps.One is a Scott Rhinothe other a Scott Little Goose camo. Both have buckles and are just fantastic. I would not trade them for any other mechanical release. I believe the Rhino is no longer made.That being said I would go to your local shop and try fitting different types and models on your hand. The major factors are Loop type or not and comfort. Most all today can be adjusted for length, some better than others. Scott has been great in that department.
I noticed in your profile you are also looking for a BH. I have used both mechanicals and fixed. I know use only fixed. my favorites in order are based on ability to fly just like my field points and down right toughness. SLICK TRICK 100GR MAGNUM and SULLIVAN 75GR INNERLOC. They wont break your bank account and are just as good as it gets. Hope this helps and good luck this year.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like my Trufire Bulldog Buckle that i got this year. Like Wash said, the scott release is a god one too
Old 07-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

T.R.U. Ball Short N' Sweet. It's got an open head design so I don't have to look down to attach the release to the loop. Scott also makes a release with an open head design.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 AM

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

Copper head xtra. Very nice if you are draw length challenged.
x 2.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

The tru fire judge looks fairly nice.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:12 AM

I love my TruFire Copper Head

Quick Reply: Release???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.