Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first trail cam post

Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My first trail cam post

Nice pics, hes gonna be a good one, good luck with him!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks fellas,

I am glad a few of you liked the elk photos as well. Here we get one buck tag, 1 elk tag ....you can see why "elk" meat is the way to go to fill the freezer. Many of my best buck areas have more elk and very few does..higher elevations mostly where outside of the rut...bucks feel safer up on these mountains. Does stay in the easy country and ag bottoms a lot.

I've been glassing and videoingbigbucks and bulls for years from long distances. deciphering and backtracking their routes and setting up where I felt they walked during the daylight. The thing I like about these cameras is the abitlity to pinpoint in the brush/thick where I can't glass....exactly where a big buck feels safe walking during daylight hours. I like the night photos..but its the idea of getting daylight photos in the thick that gets me interested. I held out for years on trail cameras because I felt the older bucks in my area wouldnt tolerate a flash in or near their bedding areas. jmo..on the deer here.. I like this "infared" so far. Not one night picture ( I have several I didnt post)looked like the animalhad any problem with the infrared flash...

I was out this evenging glassing. Too far to shoot film, but I glassed the best buck I have seen all summer,a very tall tined hvy bodied5x5. I've been watching this spot all summer and seen some nice bucks..this buck was big. Big enough I think I need to put a camera on his ridge. I am glad hes using it andhope the feed holdstill August 30th..Ihave a stand up in a saddle right were he walked out. Problem with this spot, the feed usually dries up early.I then moved around ( about 5 miles) this evening and saw 7 other bucks. All youngsters cept for one pretty nice 3 year old. It was a good night.

still no booner sightings... I am going into one of my best spots for the first time this summer tomorrowevening to film from an observation stand I put in3 years ago..its been awesome every year.

thanks again guys, I am hooked on this camera..now

Old 07-17-2007, 11:48 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Nice job on getting a picture of Stretch!! Looks very good.

Tim
Old 07-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Pic's Troy! You with trail camera's is a frightening thought for your local game population!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome pics shed!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to admit, if it wasn't for the boat anchor that is my familyI would definitely move out west where I could hunt multiple big game species every year. JEALOUS!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

great pics and good luck with hunting that buck