Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Basic Simple Question

Old 07-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Spike

Default Basic Simple Question

What are the reasons you hunt? What brings you into the woods year and year out??
Old 07-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Basic Simple Question

That is very simple. I love bieng in the outdoors, hearing nature come to life in the morning and hearing nature go to bed in the evening. Any day I can hunt is awesome.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:52 PM

What brings me to the woods? Im only 13 so i think its to come back in time and use our primal instinks to survive and feel like a winner just to see any wildlife.

There are also people who hunt and hunters like in an article in outdoor life. Im pretty sure that if u read this ur a hunter. A person who hunts hunts to use his 5000 dollar gun that he bought 1 week before the season opens and sights in on the first day of deer season. Hunters hunt with bows.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 PM

I love getting out and escaping all the stresses of everyday life. I love going out and seeing and hearing many things that some will never experience firsthand in their lifetimes. I love walking the "red path." I love the rewards of fresh meat in the skillet and photos for bragging rights. I love the lifetime of memories I have acquired over the years. I love the outdoors.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's an addiction to me. Don't really know how to put it into words. But it is just something I think about all year long. Me against thedeer on their turf.MY DRUG, but it is all legal.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:38 PM

Being outdoors makes me appreciate things a lot more. Things being the beauty of life, family, friends, and nature.Its a chance to step back from the fast pace of everday life and enjoy some of the more simple things...
Old 07-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Simple question. Simple answer.

Big Mature Bucks!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone who's been there already knows. It's nothing you can explain with mere words. Not everyone will be able to appreciate the shear power and beauty of it. Thank God I'm one of the lucky ones!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's the one thing I can think about andtake part in 365 days a year, year after yearand never once get sick of it. I thoroughly enjoy every aspect from scouting, game planning, settingup, learning from mistakes, sharing a hunt or doing it alone....hunting, the kill, dressing, dragging, coming home, butchering my own and eating the meat.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Typical Buck

I have to say its mainly to get away from "life". No phones ringing, no cars, no people, and most importantly no worries. And the adrenanline that I get when even seeing a deer, let alone killing one, it's enough to keep you toasty warm on the coldest of days and is better than any drug you can get on the street

Quick Reply: Basic Simple Question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.