Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Basic Simple Question

Old 07-17-2007, 05:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Basic Simple Question

Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the descendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter. - Finn Aagard
Sounds good to me.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

All kidding aside, I hunt because I am a hunter. Not to oversimplify your question because I definitely enjoy hunting for many reasons (i.e. getting away, enjoying the outdoors, time with my dad/my kids, etc.) but I truly believe it is something more basicthan that, something primal inside that makes us (myself anyway)want to hunt.The overpowering urge to hunt all the time,no matter the season. I'm either hunting or waiting (impatiently) for season to open. But even when season is closed I never stop hunting (mentally anyway) constantly scanning fields, analyzing patterns, swimming in aerial photos/topo maps,scouring Hunting.net for trail cam pics ofeveryones potential targets and hunting threads to chime in on, shootingevery weapon I own from every angle I can think of, watching hunting dvd's (some for the 100th time), schedulingevery possible bitof time off between Oct and Jan. that I can.Now that I think about it, it might be an addiction, a sickness even, a form of buck fever that lasts long after an encounter with a deer, a form of buck fever that entrenches itself inthe soul and only grows stronger, a sickness with no known cure, only thetemporary relief provided by the properly prescribed hunting seasons. Yeah, that's it, that's why I hunt, because I'm sick andthe medicine I needcan't be found at any pharmacy, it'sin the huntingwoods.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the descendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter. - Finn Aagard
Sounds good to me.
You beat me to it. I love that quote, I always tell people that when they ask why I hunt. Simple because I am a hunter. Some get it, some don't. Good stuff.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

The outdoors is my life. I love being able to get away for a few hours and not have someone right in your ear all the time. There is nothing more relaxing then the sweet sounds and cool breeze of the outdoors. I want to just become a bum and live in the outdoors my whole life, i swear if i could do that my life would be complete.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:12 AM

There are so many reasons to hunt.

It is relaxing alone in the woods.
There are no work problems.
There are no money problems.
There are no marriage problems.
There are no kid problems.
There is me, nature, and God. I have found that for me, the two closest places to God are flat on the ground on my face, and 12-20 ft up a tree.
There is the beauty of a sunrise on a foggy morning, and a sunset on a crisp evening, that no man could ever hope to duplicate.
It is the rush of harvesting a magnificent creature, knowing that no drug could ever compare to the high you feel at that moment.

It is all of this and so much more. It is something that has to be expereinced. And once it is experienced, if someone still has to ask, they will never understand.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

because of all the hot women running around the woods

really because i have to and i enjoy it way to much not to
Old 07-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

I love the preparation and dedication that goes Into it, When you drop that big buck you know it was all worth it.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

1. I enjoy being outdoors
2. I love going one on one with a whitetail deer
3. I love the peacefulness
4. I Absolutly love the feeling just before and after a kill
5. The best of all is being with your friends and family
Old 07-17-2007, 09:52 PM

For me,
It's the adrenaline rush that you get when you see that deer. No other feeling in the world like the one I get when I see a buck out of my treestand.

I've been bowhunting for over 20 years and still get that feeling every time I see a buck. Hope it never goes away!

It is very satisfying to scout, prepare, practice and then harvest a deer.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

I can't imagine life being any different! It is my life. It goes farther than just being out there it goes to reading and educating yourself, hanging out at sites like this frequenting stores looking at products you can't afford that you save up for to buy. It truely is LIFE!

Quick Reply: Basic Simple Question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.