Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping things in perspective.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Keeping things in perspective.

That would be a good hunting show episode. Take two seasoned hunters from completely different hunting regions and swap them, like trading spouses. I would like to personally volunteer, anyone in Illinois, Canada, Ohio game, for the 08-09 season of course. I have several prime Southeast VA / Northeast NC honey holes ready to have Booners plucked from their most secret hiding spots and in return I'll hunt your honey hole. I will provide all aerial photos/topo maps, and any other info requested (including trail cam pics, and summer scouting pics).

At the end of the season we will compare results.

Just kidding, but that could make for an interesting huntingshow.
You're crazy. We're just not trying as hard as they are. When they left NC.....the P&Y entries would be just like "back home". These guys are good.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Gmmat your county held the state record until last year, it was beat by a buck from Halifax county...... Has to be a 200 class gross buck.

I am not saying there as many big bucks in SE States as there are in the Mid West and Canada only a fool would say that, I am only saying if you really want one...... they are there, go find one.

I do not claim to know anything about your hunting grounds....

What's this about "my club"?
So if you concede there are not as many, would it be safe to say that they may be harder to find?

Saying "if you really want one....go find one"sounds like you are confident big bucks are on that persons hunting groundsbut they are just not finding them? I wouldprobably go with the the person who is hunting/scouting the ground having a more thorough understanding of the deer he is hunting.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I swear you can't see past the end of your nose when I say to "go find one".... I am not telling you to leave NC but rather find some time to scout out and hunt some other local areas and not just rely on the playground.

I hunt different local areas every year as well as a bunch of public 2+ hours south of me. I dont sit in the same place day after day......

Do you know how idiotic it would be to travel a state (i.e. change loations) in search of something SO elusive?
No I don't.

You shoot a190 net typical (which is JUST as elusive/typical in your state) and come back and we'll talk.
If I never shoot one it wont be from my lack of trying to find and kill one
Old 07-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1GR8Buck

I live in Indiana, [for those of you who aren't sharp on your geography, that's between Illinois and Ohio] and the quantity of big bucks, 140 and bigger, are not shot here very often. There are big bucks here but you have to catch them traveling from Ohio to Illinois or vise-versa! I need to move my stand closer to I70.

It seems like those big deer are shot every day of the season in my surrounding states...
I agree 1GR8Buck. Id like to know there route to and from Ill and Oh...
Old 07-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

So if you concede there are not as many, would it be safe to say that they may be harder to find?
You guys are wearing me out here.....

Yes, I would agree they would be harder to find... I never said otherwise, doesn't mean one should give up if a big buck is what they want.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes, I would agree they would be harder to find... I never said otherwise, doesn't mean one should give up if a big buck is what they want.
What youseem to resistacknowledging Scott is......."BIG" is relative.

I don;t care how big the deer are in someone else's woods. I want to take the best deer from the woods I choose to hunt.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

If I never shoot one it wont be from my lack of trying to find and
kill one
And if GMMAT never shoots one it will be from a lack of trying to find and kill one?
Old 07-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Dominant Buck

NEW....stop it, dude.....with the logic thing, again.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Ok Cougars I'll appologize if I came off sounding like a know it all, talking about yearlings. Around this area thats what we know them as. Here a fawn has spots, once the spots are gone we consider them yearlings. So my bad on that. For the record I could care less what anyone here shoots. Not my tag so shoot whatever makes a person happy...
Old 07-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don;t care how big the deer are in someone else's woods. I want to take the best deer from the woods I choose to hunt.

Than stop complaining about "location" as you chose your location and obviously don't want to keep looking....

Quick Reply: Keeping things in perspective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.