Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping things in perspective.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 PM

Default RE: Keeping things in perspective.

I agree. I found out what a "Shooter" was for me when I took my first deer [doe]. I will still wait for a big doe but have no issue with taking a doe. What I try to do every year is take a doe first to get some meat in the freezer but after that, I want the big one!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just take the whole location thing as an excuse.... If someone really wants to hunt and shoot big bucks they will find a way to do so.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I just take the whole location thing as an excuse.... If someone really wants to hunt and shoot big bucks they will find a way to do so.
Sure they can, Scott. They can change locations.

You still haven't told me how the guy living on Islamorada can be abig buck hunter....I mean....if he REALLY wants to.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Sure they can, Scott. They can change locations.

You still haven't told me how the guy living on Islamorada can be abig buck hunter....I mean....if he REALLY wants to.
Here is the number 10 typical in FL..... Maybe he should hunt in FL where this kid did.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Shot in his lease? Where? Does everyone have access to this land?

You're showing the number 10 deer of all time in a state and proclaiming that they're "out there"....if we just want it bad enough.

No offense, Scott.....but itcomes across a little smarmycoming from a guy hunting private land in OH.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think location is crucial and sometimes I feel like too many people tend to think of "hunting" as it applies to them specifically without acknowledging that are vast regional differences not just in the deer but in the land/terrain, hunting seasons, hunting practices, hunting pressure, etc. I am very open to input from just about anyone that has something to offer but I still take it for what it is worth and apply that inputif itfits the area I hunt. That doesn't mean I don't readeveryones inputor think other guys are wrong,because while itmight be wrong formy hunting areaor the way I hunt, I'm sure it is right or works for them.Just because someone does something different than me doesn't mean it is wrong, just different and I can live with that. Sometimes though (ecspecially on sites like this) people want to beat their way into your head or you get the"my ways right yours is wrong mentality" when most of the topics we are talking about involveopinions,and oftenthere is noabsolute right or wrong just differing opinions.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

No offense, Scott.....but itcomes across a little smarmycoming from a guy hunting private land in OH.
I shot my buck last year on PUBLIC ground killer......... What was that again? lol

You're showing the number 10 deer of all time in a state and proclaiming that they're "out there"....if we just want it bad enough.
This is exactly what I am saying.... If you want a big un' go get one
Old 07-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd love for the "big buck" hunters to come and whet their appetites in my woods.

Man that would be great to see them Booners I've never seen.....my neighbors have never seen....and no one else has ever seen. These guys are good.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

So you would say that there is no difference indeer hunting inVA and deer huntingin Ohio or differences inthe deer?

I guess tha explains why there are so many people just dieing to get down here to VA and get an out of state license and chase the monsters of the East Coast.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Scott:

You have to realize how"holier than thou"that sounds. You're sitting in OH.....telling people there are big bucks everywhere....and they just aren't doing what it takes to get them. I think you even started a thread about people making excuses.

Have a good one.

Oh yeah....

The buck I shot last year......I only know of one buck shot in our area that had a bigger rack. I'm at the bow shop a LOT.....and they didn't hear of one, either (other than the one).

How many were shot in your area that matched or bettered yours?

I'm just askin.

Quick Reply: Keeping things in perspective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.