Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping things in perspective.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:35 PM

Default RE: Keeping things in perspective.

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

You know, I kind of have to laugh at myself here, now that I think about it.....I've never killed a buck PERIOD, with archery tackle anyway.....Maybe I haven't earned the "right" to discuss it......
You absolutely do, remember, those that can't.....teach(coach)...lol It's your year my friend.
Ouch!! That one stung a little..... Anyone got some ice for this burn?? [&:]
Old 07-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Out of curiosity, mobo.....why do you think he's been there all this time?

As time goes by......I think there MAY be deer that grow old and die behind me.....and are never seen by humans. But....there's only a few hundred acres, back there. I'm simply speculating......and I have no access to them....even if I KNEW they were there. Maybe I'll catch a "traveler" during the rut??

Old 07-17-2007, 08:42 PM

Out of curiosity, mobo.....why do you think he's been there all this time?
Because he has a pretty unique hoofprint....He's got a busted toe, if that's the right lingo....After he jumped the other night, I saw the tracks.....
Old 07-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Dominant Buck

I hope you're right, mobo. Hope he sticks around.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

After reading 16 pages of this BS ramble...... I realize I just wasted a few minutes of my life I'll never get back![&o]
Old 07-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Dominant Buck

And a few more seconds responding to it.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

And a few more seconds responding to it.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TEmbry15

ORIGINAL: Arrowmaster

Ok Cougars I'll appologize if I came off sounding like a know it all, talking about yearlings. Around this area thats what we know them as. Here a fawn has spots, once the spots are gone we consider them yearlings. So my bad on that. For the record I could care less what anyone here shoots. Not my tag so shoot whatever makes a person happy...
yea id have been wrong on this one too, round here yearlings are basically fawn that lost there spots, so kinda like button bucks and small small does. i guess different strokes for different folks, call them what you want.

as far as the OHIO VS NORTH CAROLINA arguement, hows about this. both of you shoot MATURE DEER as Dan keeps saying. I dont see what the antler fuss is all about, a four year old deer is a four year old deer no matter WHERE it lives.
Thanks TEmbry15 Im glad someone else said the same thing.Some made me feel like a Jackass. Thats just how we see yearlings in my area. We see them as yearlings until they turn 1 year old then they are a 1.5 year old when deer season begins. I agree with you as well a 4 year old deer is a 4 year old deer no matter how you look at it.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:59 PM

Bookmarking my place.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

buckeye, would you travel to NC seeking said animal,
No I would not. However if I moved there I would still have the same opinions. If there are less of themI wouldjust have to work harder to locate them. Although,I would never move back to NC living there once was enough for me.

Part of me would say Ohio, but only because I could possibly hunt with Scott.
Possibly? You know we would

Quick Reply: Keeping things in perspective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.