Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping things in perspective.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Keeping things in perspective.

Here's a fair question, Scott.

IfRybo hunted your land......do you think he'd be as "successful" as you.....if you measure "success" by the age/rack size of deer harvested?

Yet....the deer he does harvest (though very nice deer) aren't the size of the ones you take. Why is that?????
Yes, I think Rybo is a sharp hunter who understands big bucks. I believe he would be successful no matter where he chased bucks.

The buck he shot last year was like 1 inch "smaller" than mine via P&Y scoring.

*Edit* From here on out I am done "arguing" with gmat about deer. If any of my buddies here notice me arguing about big bucks with gmat again I give you personal permission to kick me in the nuts next time I see you.... Go easy on me though, I am not sure if I can contain myself
Old 07-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

What diference does it make? I say THE difference in public perspective is LOCATION of the hunter. If I hunted your land.....I'd.....ooops....
What would you do?
Old 07-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Dominant Buck

*Edit* From here on out I am done making observations withbuckeye about deer. If any of my buddies here notice memaking observationsabout big bucks withbuckeye again, I give you personal permission toremind me ofwhose presence I'm in. I have half my brain tied behind my back....just to keep it fair...and I feel like a bully.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

[blockquote]quote:

What diference does it make? I say THE difference in public perspective is LOCATION of the hunter. If I hunted your land.....I'd.....ooops.... [/blockquote]

What would you do?
He would undoubtedly be a courteous, responsible hunter and abide by the rules set by the person who invited him to hunt there, no matter how silly they may be.

I'm just waiting for the QDM'ers to escelate the rhetoric until it's impossible to ever shoot a buck because they simply don't have the natural lifespan to get to the required level of maturity. [8D]

Old 07-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Arthur....I'm just tired of Lyle Lovett look-alikes hanging around the blind, all-girls college andbragging totheir buddies about how much they're scoing.

DUH!!![&:]

Old 07-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

gmat

One day when you have even a little bit of experience to back your non stop opinions on mature bucks (that you have most likely never saw before) I may actually listen to your opinion beforeI disregard it, unlikely however.
[/align]
[/align]
I'm just waiting for the QDM'ers to escelate the rhetoric until it's impossible to ever shoot a buck because they simply don't have the natural lifespan to get to the required level of maturity. [8D]
[/align]
[/align]I find that funny as well. I remember when a "mature" buck was considered by all at 3.5.... Now you have people claiming that a buck has to be 5.5 to 6.5 years old I still consider 3.5 as a mature animal.
[/align]
Old 07-17-2007, 05:32 PM

either way fella's......I cant believe i just read that whole thing.......lol

Old 07-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nevermind....... I am done chatting with gmat.

[/align]
Old 07-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

As someone that has not many mature 3.5 y/o+ bucks to his credit (only 1), I still can understand what buckeye is trying to say here.

I think what he is trying to say, is that the price we pay in areas such as central/east/north PA, NC, etc...........areas that don't hold as many big deer because of general age class and genetics, may be much higher, however if we really want it we can still overcome those challenges, pull ourselves out of our comfort zones, etc........to find, pattern, and kill mature deer on a somewhat consistent basis. To say we didn't kill one because they aren't here is an excuse in my opinion. To say that the price to find one, pattern one, and put yourself in the position to kill one was too high and not worth it, is more of an accurate statement.

I can relate to that. I choose to hunt in Otsego County, NY and Bradford County, PA. Areas not really known for big bucks (at least not on a national basis). I hunt them because that is where I have the most fun because of family and friends that can also hunt with me there, and because I have the ability to manage the deer herd there. If killing big bucks on a consistent basis was my #1 priority I would take more time to find them outside the areas I hunt now, pattern them outside the areas I currently hunt.......and I would probably kill more of them as well but that price is too high and not worth the fun I have at the locations I currently go to.

Just MHO. [8D]
Old 07-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

As someone that has not many mature 3.5 y/o+ bucks to his credit (only 1), I still can understand what buckeye is trying to say here.

I think what he is trying to say, is that the price we pay in areas such as central/east/north PA, NC, etc...........areas that don't hold as many big deer because of general age class and genetics, may be much higher, however if we really want it we can still overcome those challenges, pull ourselves out of our comfort zones, etc........to find, pattern, and kill mature deer on a somewhat consistent basis. To say we didn't kill one because they aren't here is an excuse in my opinion. To say that the price to find one, pattern one, and put yourself in the position to kill one was too high and not worth it, is more of an accurate statement.
Right on Matt.... [8D]

Based on this reply and quite a few PM's I guess Gmt must be one of the only people who cannot understand what I have been trying to say all along.

Quick Reply: Keeping things in perspective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.