Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 PM

Default RE: Lone Wolf Sit and Climb

Best stand i ever had
Old 07-16-2007, 09:28 PM

tater here from white knuckle production dont know abut viper sat in lone wolf for 42 days filming or hunting. it is light and easy to back in an bestthing i felt safe an quite stealthy im 250 pound safe is good an they are not a sponser for us
Old 07-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just bought the Lone WolfAlpha climber mainly because I think I may be a bit restricted with the sit and climb. I'd rather have the openness of the alpha. They are both about the same price. But I would say it is the easiest, flat packing, and lightest quality climber out there. Comfort seems fine to me.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Lone Wolf or an Equalizer all the way. Here is my take on on why I prefer the seat on a Lone Wolf(just bought an '07). The seat may not be as thick and rigid as the Summit seat but there is a huge advantage to that because if you need to stand closer to the tree or more platform room to take a shot, the Lone Wolf seat allows you to slide/fold the seat up by simply leaning against it. The Summit I used to own(Cobra XLS) did not really allow for much platform space or allow you to be closer to the tree if needed. Besides, I hated the arm rests on the Summit, the way it packed, and the way it felt when carrying it.

Don't forget an Equalizer. Recently had a like new but used one and sold it, shoulda kept it. Its comfy, sturdy, easy to use and the leveling feature works well.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: blueking4

tater here from white knuckle production dont know abut viper sat in lone wolf for 42 days filming or hunting. it is light and easy to back in an bestthing i felt safe an quite stealthy im 250 pound safe is good an they are not a sponser for us
Good thing you are in video and not doing printed publications...wow, nice grammar!
Old 07-17-2007, 09:39 AM

I have 3 Summits--2 Vipers, and one 180, and I also have a Gorilla, which is essentially a copy of the 'Ol Man. The Summits are no problem for me to back pack, and I add a pack to them to carry my clothes that I add once in the stand, and any accessories or food. The Gorilla is a pain to tote, but easy to climb and sits well, but not as well as the Summit.I've not tried the Lone Wolf yet.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

LoneWolf is the best stand IMO for serious hunting and packing it way back in to the woods. The summit will get the job done also.
I agree. They are pleanty comfortable and very easy to pack. They also are very easy to set up and are extremely quiet.