Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pay hunts

Old 07-15-2007, 05:53 PM

Default RE: pay hunts

ORIGINAL: treboryerf

ORIGINAL: _Dan

You mention two different types of people. One who hunts with an outfitter and the other who hunts shooting enclosures. Huge difference.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with hunting with an outfitter.
DAN I believe that is what I said.
Gotcha. I guess I read too fast.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Dan someone hunting with an outfitter/guide I see nothing wrong with it.. The other case no way can I agree with that...
Old 07-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

I personally think it's BS. Never used an outfitter or guide and never will. I'd rather go without than to be told what I can and cannot shoot. Whenever a "hunter" hires someone to do all the work, that to me is not hunting. To me hunting is finding a place to hunt, scouting, setting up stands or locations, preparing for the worst and best, getting your gun or bow ready, etc. This is just my 2 cents worth.

Spudrow from Missouri
Old 07-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I personally think it's BS. Never used an outfitter or guide and never will.
I have never used one either but, in New Brunswick, Canada any outside hunter must hire a guide in order to hunt there.. So hiring a guide is not that bad if you want to hunt in Canada is it? That is their law so if the deer are wild and roaming free, so what it is a matter of choice..
Old 07-15-2007, 06:42 PM

Sooooooooooooo, if a guy wants to pay $10,000 of his own money he earned to shoota deer he agrees upon with the outfitter before he takes the shot, that's wrong? Mind you, I never heard anything about high fences in the original post??? Just that the guy was paying a lot of money to shoot a certain class buck. Now that's not the way I choose or care to hunt - letting someone else tell me what I can and can't shoot - but if a guy wants to do that, more power to him if its legal and not in a fenced enclosure. His money, his way of hunting.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Imust sayI have never had a desire to hunt Canada so I don't care what laws they have or pass. I'm talking the good old U S of A. If you or anyone else wants to hunt out side the US, go for it, hire a guide or whatever you have to do, that's fine with me.It just isn't appealing to me.

Spudrow
Old 07-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not talking about an outfitter that helps you get on game.I'm talking about the type game ranches that bring in a client to shot a trophy game animal but not "hunt" it.you know like hey client which one do you want to shoot? I want to make this perfectly clear I would not hesitate to book a hunt with outfitter that cold give me the chance to hunt a trophy whitetail in fair chase conditions. I know I will probably never kill a true trophy in my hunting area.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Chucker, don't misunderstand me. Hunters can spend their money any way they like. It just isn't for me. If I came across as a hard a#s I didn't mean to. It just my opionion.

Spudrow
Old 07-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm not talking about an outfitter that helps you get on game.I'm talking about the type game ranches that bring in a client to shot a trophy game animal but not "hunt" it.you know like hey client which one do you want to shoot? I want to make this perfectly clear I would not hesitate to book a hunt with outfitter that cold give me the chance to hunt a trophy whitetail in fair chase conditions. I know I will probably never kill a true trophy in my hunting area.
Sorry I missed uderstood, I think what you are reffering to is what I call canned hunting and that is a big NO-WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imust sayI have never had a desire to hunt Canada so I don't care what laws they have or pass. I'm talking the good old U S of A. If you or anyone else wants to hunt out side the US, go for it, hire a guide or whatever you have to do, that's fine with me.
That's the wayI see it too but, a lot of people do, and go after large trophy deer that are wild. They do not always score either but, they still like to go..

Old 07-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

I agrree....its a BS hunt.....never did and never will......Honkers...

Quick Reply: pay hunts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.