Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Redhead Kryptik Bow

Old 07-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Spike

Default Redhead Kryptik Bow

Im looking to buy a new bow for the upcoming season,but imnotsure if im ready to spend a grand+ on ahigher end bow. I've been looking at the Redhead Kryptik Bow.It's produced by Bowtech and modeled after the Diamond Black Ice. Thebow weighs a little over 3lbs, 315fps (Asmarked), andhasa solo cam.The main reason that Im looking at this bow is that I can get a really good price ona new bow plus packagetotaling around $500through a friend. I was wondering if any onehas shot this bow or has any information or advice to lend, pros or cons.

Thanks and Safe Shooting
Old 07-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Redhead Kryptik Bow

You sure Bowtech makes the Kryptic? It doesn't look like it.

At regular MSRP, I wouldn't get an unproven bow, especially since the price of the Kryptic is the same as top of the line hunting rigs from Hoyt, Bowtech and Matthews.

BUT, if you are getting a great deal on it and the thing shoots well and you like it, then go for it.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

The secret is finally out on this advanced bow for hunters who demand highend, high-performance archery gear! Our most versatile bow boasts lightningfast speed and extreme maneuverability. Together, the 4" single cam system and 7-1/4" brace height provide a silky-smooth draw and a forgiving shot. The slim 2-piece grip, machined shelf and thumb groove effectively narrow the distance between hand and arrow, for reduced vertical torque, additional stability and increased accuracy. Easy to tune and adjust for a precise fit. Axle-to-Axle length: 33-1/4". Brace height: 7-1/4". IBO Speed: 312–315 fps. Weight: 3.15 lbs. Color: Realtree Hardwoods Green® HD™.

Kryptik Bow features:

[ul][*]“Beyond parallel” limbs offer 100% vertical travel, for a smooth pull and incredible stability at full draw![*]Riser: 6061 T6 machined aluminum riser has ISO grid cutouts for extreme rigidity with maximum stability and accuracy. Stabilizer inserts both front and rear of riser allow easy mounting of accessories.[*]Single Cam System: Adjustable draw stop designed to let you fine-tune your draw length. Select any let-off from 65–80% (Preset at 80% let-off).[*]Limb Design: Vertical Force Technology: any power not directly converted to arrow speed is dispersed away from the riser, equally in opposite directions, virtually eliminating hand shock and recoil. The Kryptik limb design includes a split limb which distributes stress evenly and provides less mass; attributing to the low level of noise.[*]Pivoting Limb: Pockets In conjunction with Vertical Force Technology, designed to achieve consistent efficiency when reducing the bow’s peak draw weight.[*]Strings, Silencers and Cable Rod Dampener: Pre-stretched at 425 lbs. of tension, strings are served under 400 lbs. and manufactured using 452X material for ultimate arrow speed and stability. Equipped with an advanced noise/oscillation/vibration arresting system.[/ul]That's all I could find on it... I'd stay clear of it, who is going to warranty it?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Also, most of the time when you buy from a proshop they will tune everything for free as long as you own the bow. That alone, is worth a ton. Get a bow from a local proshop,we need to support them not these big box store chains.....[:@]And no I do not workat one or own a proshop.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

BassPro will warranty the bow. They do good by the stuff with their name on it.

For the price, I assume you have a buddy that works at BPS. That spirit in mind, its a good buy. If you were paying retail, BPS sells that bow for the same price as the Black Ice. While the Kryptik is a nice bow, its not really the same as the Black Ice. Bit more vibration, and not quite as quick (and even the Black Ice isn't all that fast by modern standards). However, for a hunting bow, its all you need. Its very easy to shoot. I'd recommend getting some Limbsaver Alpha Shocks and puting them in between the split limbs, makes a WORLD of difference noise wise.

For the price, its a good deal. I'd go with it.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

My cousin is thinking of getting a Redhead bow, what i dontm understand is that they make a whoel bunch of bows but they all seem to be from different companies. ie. Diomond, Reflex, Martin??
Old 07-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Spike

First, Italked to the owner of a Pro Shop about the bow and he said that Bowtech made them and then theguy that allowed me too shoot the bow at Bass Pro told me the same.I could get the bow naked for $387 or packaged with Bass Pro gear (Whisker Buscuit, 3 pin ****, and detachable quiver) for $489.

IfI choose to buy this bow, shouldI get the package or hold off and let the pro shop set me up??

Thanks again for the information.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes it is made by Bowtech and yes it does match the geometry and cam system of the Black Ice.....it is a very nice bow.