Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I have sinned...a Confession

Old 12-30-2002, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: I have sinned...a Confession

I hunt by all means available to me. When it is gun season I usuall put the bow up and gun hunt and never feel bad about it. Feeding my family is just that by whatever means, as long as it is legal. Keep your guns, while you can.

I couldn't get your link to work or even find picturetrail.com,,,send the pic to me and I will get it up for you. That site may be having problems. Try http://www.imagestation.com

The best of luck in all your hunting endeavors!!!

God Bless,
Dave

Edited by - deerdust on 12/30/2002 10:54:26
Old 12-30-2002, 10:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Little Carol who lived next door when I was a kid will say I've sinned.... but not because I killed a deer with a gun. Sometimes it's nice to hear BOOM. I didn't hear it this year.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:06 PM

I usually don't post twice on a thread but I felt complied in this case.

WOLFEN, I suppose when you go fishing, you only use 1 lure or 1 bait and fish the same spot the same way every time.

I am a bass angler as well as a bowhunter. I fish through the spring, summer and fall. I bowhunt only because that's the only avenue open to me at this point in my life. If I were allowed to, I would hunt with a gun also. The point is that we hunt to fill our freezers and feed our families. And just like in angling for bass, we need to use all the different methods that are available to us to achieve that. Also if we are trying to conduct some form of QDM, then part of that management is population control, whatever the means. If I don't shoot enough deer on my proptery with my bow and they start getting over populated, then I will invite other hunters onto my property to hunt them with a gun. I agree that bowhunting is much more satisfying that gun hunting, but so is catching bass with a topwater lure. Does that mean that I only fish with a Hulapopper? No. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox and stop preaching now.

KEEP IT LEGAL. KEEP IT SAFE. OR WE MAY NOT GET TO KEEP IT AT ALL.