Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I've taken/taught 1-2
39.02%
I've taken/taught 3 - 5
34.15%
I've taken/taught 6 -8
7.32%
I've taken/taught 8-10
0%
I've taken/taught 10 - 15
0%
I've taken/taught 15 -20
0%
I've taken/taught 20 or more
19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Question for you all!

Old 07-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Question for you all!

Kids think hunting is boring. There isn't enough action.
This maybe true, but, you planted a seed that some day may start to grow again...My dad didn't hunt much or fish much but later in life took it back up again and enjoyed ituntil he died...

I choose the 3-5 people that I introduced to bow hunting.. but, possibly alot more as I took it up early up here and was laughed at. However when I started tagging deer with it a lot of people were very surprized by it. Then a local archery club that was trying to get things going offered 2 dozen arrows to who ever shot the biggest deer 1 year. I wasn't a member to the club but took their offer to help give them a boost. I shot a big doe which was the only deer shot by archery that season. I let them keep a photo as well as the arrows as it was my way to show encouragement. They picked up a quite a few members from that and alot have walked away from archery hunting. Some however have stayed on and though, I only had introduced around 5 people. I believe i had helped to give archery hunting in this area a boost..