Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

Old 07-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

Ted is the most recognizable and vocal celebrity currently speaking out for hunters' rights and our right to keep and bear arms. So, if he has some things about him I don't like, I'm still willing to work with him because we share many common goals. I don't know of anyone who works as hard at these things as he does, so for that he has my admiration. If he wants to shoot a buffalo in a 4-acre pen and call it hunting (just an example), it really doesn't matter to me because we live in a free country. I do wish this practice was not televised, because I think the non-hunting public doesn't know the difference. The best thing we can do to prevent canned hunting is what goes on right here; ridicule the practice and the practicioners until they stop out of shame. Legally, I don't think anything should be done to prevent canned hunting.
Dang man, you sure know how to say it!!!!
Your good!!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

I met Ted many years ago and his main goals were to push hunting and tell the kids never use drugs and this was back in the 70's. I do love his music, but he's just a bit radical on his hunting show. I dont watch his shows anymore. I'd go to his concerts in a second though...
Old 07-18-2007, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I think Ted is a complete idiot - for a laundry list of reasons, but I'll hit the high points:
[ul][*]I saw the cribs episode, and can vouch for Jim - Ted can't hit the broad side of a barn;[*]I also personally know a guy who guided Ted and got to know him on a personal level. Put it this way - if Ted wasn't paying people to put live game animals in front of him, he'd be eating a whole lot of tags. In addition to being a terrible hunter, he's apparently pretty ungrateful and moody;[*]I've seen the way Ted acts, and it's unbecoming of an outdoorsman;[*]Ted is a devout supporter of the NRA - and I loathe the NRA;[*]He is an overrated musician;[*]He is completely insane, and I don't like being "represented" in the mediaby a raging lunatic.[/ul]

So, the only thing in common between myself and Ted would be that we both "hunt." But I don't even know if you could call what Ted does "hunting." If -paying people to show you animals, and you shoot at them - is actually hunting.
I agree with BigTiny, he does a lot for our sport regardless of what you think of him. Would you like for him to keep his mouth shut, I guess your going to fill his shoes? What do you think about Fred Bear? I think he done a lot for our sport, and as far as I know his name still does. Guess what? Fred Bear wasn't much different than Ted (Read Fred's Field Notes) except for the fact that he wasn't taking the battle to the antis. I read stuff in Fred's book that made me wonder what made him so great. None the less though,he was a great man, andhe done a lot for our sport. Only my .02
Old 07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

To each their own but I would not want to be in camp with Ted Nuggent .... this guy is a head case IMHO .... from realyoung girls to real young deer ..he will stick anything ....

dd
Old 07-18-2007, 04:06 PM

At first I didnt agree with high fence hunting and still dont really agree with it. But I think no matter if there's a fence or not deer or any game that live on 2,000 acres are going to be just as wild as the animals who live in the true wild. And high fencing has many bonuses but I would pick Wild hunts over fence any day.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:18 PM

I guess the name DoctorDeath is to intimidate people. He is famous, people will say things about famous people (just because). I'm not saying he is or isn't in to that stuff but it really isn't any of my buisness. Were debating his hunting ethics and what he does or doesn't for our sport. I'm not a Nugent fanatic, I don't whach his shows and I don't keep up with his personal life. With that being said, I think he does good things for the sport of hunting. Maybe he isn't politicaly correct but who cares, niether was Clinton when he was getting favors. I think we all need to stop tossing dumb statements around and suport fellow hunters, unless there doing things outside the law. We can run this thing in the ground talking about young girls and dope, all were doing is discrediting him more and not helping the sport. The guy has valid points that should be heard; I'm sure we all do but were not in the same light that he is so we will never count. We convert people one at a time he can reach 100's.

As much as you guy's would like to think that, that person you admire the most in life was perfect, your wrong. There was only one perfect man that I know of and he is the one I have my faith in. That was my last comment, I'm sure you guy's are tiered of me, good luck with this battle.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

"I guess the name DoctorDeath is to intimidate people." ...Nope just the deer .....

dd
Old 07-18-2007, 04:54 PM

Ted Nugent has done alot to help the sport of hunting. You guys have to also belive a lot of what he does is for T.V. I watch his shows because they are entertaining and regaurdless of our ethics he makes a good T.V show. With that saidT still DO NOT support Canned Hunting.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

So now its come to comparing Ted to Fred, what a sad day this is.
First off Ted has managed to Siphon a bowhunting career off of the late Fred Bears name, that should tell you something in itself.
Ted shoots Fenced animals with a bow, Fred was a bowhunter, BIG DIFERENCE!
The days Ted has spent at a Campfire without being able to see his house or the main camp quarters, you could count on your fingers and toes.
Were Fred spent years in the bushHunting WILD GAME!
I'm not even going to go over all this Ted CRAP again, and will end by saying this,The 2 season hunter tags, Our generous Bow seasons, and the very Base to fight Anti-hunters are directly connected to Fred Bear, and its not in his book!
Ted has had and still hasgreat opportunitys to get our point out to anti-hunters and non-hunter alike, yet chooses towaste them by beating chickens heads on stumps, and blowing away caged lambs and other such Ignorant Barberic crap it gives us a black eye.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

springcaller
All I have to say on this subject is that you hit it on the nose and I completly agree and to you cougar09 that site on the canned hunts was really interesting thanks alot for that link.

Quick Reply: Not looking to debate, but high fence hunting and Ted Nugent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.