Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Had a chance to shoot the X Force

Old 07-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Had a chance to shoot the X Force

I picked up some arrows today at the shop, and noticed an X Force on the rack. I asked my buddy if I could shoot it, and he set it up really quick. I took a few shots with it and was not overly impressed. Now I did shoot a bare bow with no dampeners or a stabilizer, but man it was like a tuning fork in my hand (have shot many bare bows without the excessive vibration). The hand shock was prevelant and impossible to ignore. Not surprising considering the speed this thing is putting out. The draw cycle started off easy and stacked up towards the end. The valley is very small, this is a bow that if you creeped a bit while waiting on a shot, catching it would be hard. I will tell you this, the speed is there, but in my opinion you are sacrificing comfort and forgiveness with this bow. Just MHO

Shane
Old 07-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Had a chance to shoot the X Force

Shane:

I shot this bow, last week. Your assessment and mine ring similar. The bow I shot was set at 65#'s....and what I couldn't get over was how UNsolid the back wall was. It seemed really "loose", to me.

When I shoot my bow.....the speed of the arrow seems quite evident to the naked eye. I just didn't think this bow was what it was touted to be (the super-speed bow).
Old 07-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont know when I shot the X Force I was pretty impressed. I found the draw cycle to be very smooth at 65# and the speed and trajectory was excellent.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've made the statement a few times. I was impressed with the bow but the only downside is the fact it will about rattle your arm off. I've shot it bare bow and with a stabilizer and the stabilizer helps alot but it still vibrates more than others. You have to remember that this thing is shooting at 350fps. I'm hoping I'll get to play around with the X-Force 7 soon, my shop owner only has RH in atm.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let us know what you think Cougs.

Shane

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

I've made the statement a few times. I was impressed with the bow but the only downside is the fact it will about rattle your arm off. I've shot it bare bow and with a stabilizer and the stabilizer helps alot but it still vibrates more than others. You have to remember that this thing is shooting at 350fps. I'm hoping I'll get to play around with the X-Force 7 soon, my shop owner only has RH in atm.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Keep SLINGN arrows.I really think some of you people are crazy or too young!
Old 07-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

I did'nt like it either,but the new firestorm was a sweet shhoting bow,but was a little too short ata for my preference.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: treboryerf

I did'nt like it either,but the new firestorm was a sweet shhoting bow,but was a little too short ata for my preference.
I completely agree. The Firestorm X is the best bow PSE produced this year. I said that in the other X-Force thread too. It's not as fast but a better all around bow and ALOT less vibration.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the x force 7 as well tonight. Great bow, smokin fast as well.

Also I have said this in the past, but if the x forces you guys are shooting has handshock, the bow is not tuned. It's a shame that these bows aren't tuned for customers to shoot, because when the cams are in proper position they really are as handshock free as any other parallel limb bow on the market.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Well said RJ, to many rookies posting these comments.

Quick Reply: Had a chance to shoot the X Force

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.