Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

any good hip quivers?

Old 07-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default any good hip quivers?

I recently switched the sight on my bow, and if I want the largest sight radius as possible with this sight I cannot use my quiver. I really like the longer sight radius and so I am now on the hunt (pun intended) for a good hip quiver or any other possible options out there.This quiver needs to be good for spot and stalk hunting so one of the kind that straps to the leg is out. Theycause the fletching to wave around like little flags when you walk. Any suggestions?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: any good hip quivers?

Did you ever consider a back quiver? Especially for spot and stalk. The reason I ask is that I've used a hip quiver for years because I simply refused to put one on my bow and they have been a headache in every situation. I've had numerous models and had the same issues with every one. The arrows always got stuck on brush when I was walking. I could only carry my bow in one hand because the arrows would knock off of it. If I carried my bow with my shooting hand the arrows would need to be on myright hip and depending on the quiver they could be a pain when drawing the bow. These are just a few things I can think of off the top of my head. It just seems as though a back quiver would keep the arrows completely out of the way and easy access for a follow up shot. Here are a few models I was thinking of trying. If anyone had any experiance with these I'd like to hear about them as well. I've read the reviews on the rancho and they said that they were excellent for stalking and easy access to arrows I'm just not sure how true it is.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks bear. Those are promising looking. I better edit my thread b/c you are right, I don't really want a "hip quiver".
Old 07-11-2007, 10:59 AM

Elvis had some pretty good hip quivers...