Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best miss on Video

Old 07-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Best miss on Video

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

The first Drury "Monster Bucks" video where Don Kisky misses that booner at about 10yrds.........I'll never forget that near suicidal look on his face.

That is my other one
Old 07-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

MY OWN-two 20 yard shots at 2 different Javalina on my 1st Javi Bowhunt in S.Tx.. I have yet to get one of those little critters.
In 50 years of Bowhunting & filming since 1980 something I have many....
Old 07-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Alex Rutlege misses a booner after rattling when the buck was only 25 yards away that he didnt see,then bounds off and stops....right over him.He is also a bad shot, he seems to screw one up every year.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

On the drury videos, its either Dream Season 9 or Whitetail Madness 9, anyways theres a guy hunting in texas and he misses a huge buck with a couple drop tines. Then about 30 minutes later a doe brings him right past the stand again and he kills it. 180" NT i think it scored.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's easy for me... Alex Rutledge on a Booner he rattled in on one of the Prime Time videos which came in so fast he was unprepared for the "gimme" shot which followed.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry wi buckstomper... replied before reading through all the responses. Still the "best miss" I've seen yet, though...
Old 07-08-2007, 07:09 PM

that was bad and then the hunt when the guy ( don't know is name) misses a 4 droptine buck and then a monster 10, all in the same day. all on prime time bucks 9
ORIGINAL: wi_buckstomper

Alex Rutlege misses a booner after rattling when the buck was only 25 yards away that he didnt see,then bounds off and stops....right over him.He is also a bad shot, he seems to screw one up every year.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think my favorite miss would have to be when Jackie Bushman misses an ELK at about 17 yards(if memory serves)and a complete broadside shot.Everything was perfect except the shot.

Probably because I hate that show and can't stand his style of doing things.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

My favorite is one of my own. I had yet to take a buck on video and when this decent buck come walking down a alfalpha field with the camera rolling. At 19 yards the buck stops, puts his head down to field, total broadside, leg forward and I released. I was rattled and watched him run down the field as the camera man follows. When the deer stopped the camera turned back to me, I asked what he was doing the buck was going to drop right there. He shook his head NO, your missed. I said no way....grabbed my binos with this odd look on my face and as I glassed the buck I saw no hole....just roughed up back hair.

In slow motion if you place a bullseye on the top of that deers heart, you'll see my arrrow hit that exact bullseye, problem was the deer dropped out from under it.....at 285 fps out of that bow, at 19 yards, the deer dropped under the arrow and it barely scrapes his back. Amazing animals.

Greg / MO and Matt can back that story. They've see the footage.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw one just the other day....... guys were Elk hunting and called one in. To 3yds but it was almosta head on/slightly quartering to. 2 more steps and the bull would have been broadside. The shooter was visibley shaken but the first thing he said was........'should I have shot, I know he was ata bad angle but the boys are gonna laugh at camp'. I disagree he did the right thing and damn what a RUSH that must have been.

Quick Reply: Best miss on Video

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.