Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

string material...

Old 07-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default string material...

when you guys order strings from gibblet, what material are you guys choosing?? theres alot of options....i just wanted to get a group consensus on what is the best...(gibblet...you can respond too...your the man...i been busy and will be calling for sure in the next couple days..)

gaining speed would be nice since my bow isnt a smoker and im going to heavier arrows this season...no creep and stretch would be awesome...no twisting problems would be awesome...what would you guys pick??

thanx
Old 07-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: string material...

On John's recommendation I went with 452X for both my cables and strings. It is to my understanding, that if you want to pick up a little speed, you can have your cables done in BCY 8125 and your string done in 452Xto retain the no creep properties the material is known for. Personally, I went with 452X all the way around and couldn't be happier.

Shane
Old 07-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: string material...

John knows exactly what I want when I call him

But for the masses I get 452x string and cables with halo end serving and normal 3d center serving.

Best bet would be to call John and have a chat with him cause he can make a string/cable to any spec you want plus he can give you some advice on what to get (even tho I read somewhere he is no expert when it comes to strings) sorry could not help myself