Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Slap

Old 07-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow Slap

Those very pics from wind walker arethe ones thatactually helped me
remidy my arm slap, very helpful.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:08 AM

I would suggest getting a css from meanv.

A friend of mine was having the same problem and one of those made it disappear

It stops the string from traveling too far forward

rick
Old 07-07-2007, 08:31 AM

I would suggest fixing the problem, not getting a band aid for it. There is no reason you should have arm slap on a modern compound bow, hence there is no reason you should spend money on a device to keep it from happening. I bet the guy selling them would tell you the same thing.

Fix the problem at hand, then get a shock absorbing device if you want or need one. But don't get one for the wrong reasons.

You either changed your grip, your form or stance is wrong, or your draw length is too long. No way of knowing without seeing you draw and shoot the bow. Go to a decent bow shop and let them watch you shoot.

Your first mistake may have been getting a bow from a large retail store like cabela's. Not that I haven't seen bad set ups come out of some shops as well. Really depends on the knowledge of the person helping you.

I don't think this is something we can solve for you here. We might get lucky and something you try will work, but I think you would be better served having someone watch you shoot. Might be something you can get fixed in a half an hour or so vrs dinking around for weeks and being frustrated.

Paul