Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

blazer or regular

Old 07-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: blazer or regular

love blazers
Old 07-07-2007, 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

ORIGINAL: PaBowhunter29

397.5grains and i just check my speed and its 267.75ft/sec.

ORIGINAL: PaBowhunter29

60lbs and 31in draw

you're getting 275fps out of that Buckhunter? What weight and DL are you shooting?

There's absolutely no way. What does your arrow weigh?

What's the IBO on the bow? and you saw from your KE post that that calculator isn't all that accurate.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

i shot 4" right helical feathers for a month or so last year. i liked them. looked cool...flew good...but man they make noise...atleast mine did...and i beat them up way to hard. werent very durable. if i passed through my target at a shot up hole in it id loose the feathers.

i switched to blazers..and man i like them. they fly great. no noise. durable as heck. ive passed them through my hard foam target and they pop back into shape no problem. broadheads fly great...but only out of a well tuned bow...like any fletching. i dont care what they say about fletchings and broadheads that "fly like fieldpoints" if your bow aint tuned good your not going to get good flight...and arent going to group with your fieldpoints. if you take the time to broadhead tune you will beable to shoot a dozen arrows with a dozen different heads and fieldpoints and they should all group together. i shot 4 or 5 different broadheads and my fieldpoints from mine and i cant tell what arrow has what on it by where it hit...they all shoot true...why? because i took the time to fidgit with my bow to get it that way.

the only major issues with blazers is sometimes clearance..and their stiffness. they are stiffer than normal vanes. they hit something they dont give at all..say you nick a branch..feathers will fold and sometimes not get affected...but blazers your going to have troubles. thats one reason i liked feathers...never know when youll hit that invisible branch with just a fletching...
Old 07-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

blazers are the way to go