Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's the craziest thing you've ever heard

Old 07-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's the craziest thing you've ever heard

While getting permission from an older farmer to track a wounded buck onto his land he says:
"so you say he was a big one? What do you figure, 7 or 800lbs?"

He must have been going senile because he's lived on the land for 50yrs, and there are no moose in the area.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

its too bad what senile or people with alzeihmers und up like. Its really sad sometimes when they dont remember their own kids.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hardcore, I actually caught a show with Jim Zumbo a couple nights ago where he was pretty apologetic about some of those statements he had made. Now he may have been forced to become apologetic, if you're right about losing sponsorships and the like... But he showed an episode of where Ted Nugent invited him over to his ranch and spent a couple days educating him as to how fun assault rifles could be, and how we all needed to stick together. At the end of the show, he said "Ted's right, and I was wrong. We do need to all stick together..." Interesting show.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Major Insurance Companies in PA have stocked coyotes to increase deer kills, thus lowering the number of deer/vehicle accidents
Old 07-06-2007, 09:32 AM

I saw that show also Greg. It was basically a whole show on "I was wrong, you were right." I didn't know about the firstshow where he made the comments on assault rifles, but it sure must have got some folks fired up. It seemed obvious to me it was a program meant to "fix" his image.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

When antler restrictions were new in PA I had the owner of an archery shop tell me, "What a waste of time. We don't have the genetics here to grow big deer. Just because you let them get old doesn't mean they'll suddenly get big genes. The big ones are born big."

He couldn't understand why I stared at him blankly in silence for a minute before asking for my bow back and leaving.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a buddy try and to convince me to switch over to carbon arrows, he said he got 330 fps out of his 1998 browning with them. When I argued with him he gave me the "I think I have been doing this longer"
Old 07-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tschaef

While getting permission from an older farmer to track a wounded buck onto his land he says:
"so you say he was a big one? What do you figure, 7 or 800lbs?"

He must have been going senile because he's lived on the land for 50yrs, and there are no moose in the area.
Maybe not senile. Some farmers don't hunt, and have no interest in it. Most people tend to have little knowledge about things they have no interest in. I have talked to a few of farmers that don't know much about deer, waterfowl, coyotes, etc. They just don't care enough to learn anything about it. You can hear some strange things from people who are around wildlife all their life and just don't pay attention.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

My younger brother told me one time that he didn't like to hunt in the rain because deer didn't come out when it was raining. I asked him where did they go.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I had a dollar for every PA buck that "field dressed over 200 pounds" - I'd be a wealthy guy.

I was also surprised to learn that deer hibernate in caves. Not sure when, exactly.

I also learned (from a guy who has coincidentally never killed a nice buck) thatmature whitetail bucks are attracted to the smell of cigarrettes. [:-]

Quick Reply: What's the craziest thing you've ever heard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.