Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Luminoks

Old 07-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Luminoks

Check on U tube they have a vid. on how to build them. They work great.
Grant
Old 07-06-2007, 03:17 PM

I use them for some things, such as nightime hog hunting. That is one situation where they are indispensable for me. I also use them for late evening hunts where it may get dark quick. I did have some troublegetting them to work consistently at first, but facing the nock end of my arrows ina lathe helped alot, I don't have trouble with them now. I also face the insert end of my arrows also, seems to help quite a bit getting the wobble out of broadheads. Haven't tried the other brands.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I may take some heat for this but......ah who cares. I thought the Lumenok brand of lighted nocks were "less than quality equipment". My buddy Frank went through 4 or 5 of them and watched his problems with getting the things to work properly. They were a mess. 2 of them broke ears off while shooting.......on the FIRST shot. They would only light about 1/2 the time, and then 1/2 again they would GO OUT when they hit something.

The one time he actually got to shoot something with one (a big doe) the thing went out the second the arrow hit the deer.

I don't remember seeing one person so frustrated with such a stupid little piece of equipment.

That said I had the predisposition that ALL lighted nocks were a piece of junk. That was until I decided to look at the Tracer brand nocks. I thought, what the heck I'll try them. Well they work SO WELL that I now have a quiver full of 6 of them. They work 100% of the time, don't go out on impact and even seem brighter. They are really slick.
Do I NEED them? Heck no.......but they're fun and at some point might serve me some benefit on a marginal hit or in finding my arrow or even a non pass thru shot animal with a sparse blood trail. Ya never know, but for now they are a novetly that I'm going to try this season.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:16 PM

Matt- glad to hear of a product you think is better. The Lumenocks do have some issues. I had one shut off going through a hog and found the little wires that poke out the side were too long and grabbing as they passed through, moving the nock enought to shut off. Ground them with a dremel and now they work fine. Where have you found the Tracer brand nocks?