Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you do?

Old 07-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you do?

Currently I am an environmental engineer at a consulting firm. I'm new there but once the season comes I get out of work by 330 and fridays I'll be out by noon. Plus a week during the rut.

Previous jobs I've held allowed for a lot of hunting time although they may have not been the best jobs in my field. This one seems to be a decent blend of good job but still allows me to hunt.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a financial advisor who is registered in Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia (in case anyone here needs some help) .
Old 07-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a regional sales manager for a software company that develops a professional services automation product that is geared towards the IT service industry specifically. I am new there, been there for 2 months now but absolutely love it..........best job I have everhad by far. I really hope to build a career here and stay till I retire.

I only get 2 weeks vacation, but after December I am free to move anywhere I want in the country and work from home as long as I have high speed internet access and a phone. My hopes are to move into the sticks in either central NY or bradford county PA so I can live somewhere I can walk off the back porch and into a treestand.

I also work part time at a local archery shop, and am involved in a family owned organic grassfed beef/pork/lamb business.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Surprised you wouldn't move to Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Illinois or someplace like that, Matt.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Surprised you wouldn't move to Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Illinois or someplace like that, Matt.
I would absolutely love to. The thought has crossed my mind so many times. If I were to do it I would be in northwest Montana. The one BIG thing that prevents me from doing that for a few years to get it out of my system is my beautiful 2 year old sister. I just couldn't bring myself to miss out on her growing up.........

Central, NY or Bradford County, PA would allow me to finally get out of the suburbs and into the best hunting in the northeast, as well as be much closer to family.

Central NY or PA will have to do.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:23 PM

Firefighter/Parmedic for a city. work only 10-12 days/mo. My part time job is a town w/the State forest going thru it, so I off work & "in da woods" in 15min.Work there about 10days/mo, so hunt'n is good my friends.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've beenin education(health, weights,p.e.and sciences)and coaching (from H.S. Football and Baseballto Jr. Basketball)for 13 years. Also I own and operate a logging/land enhancement business in the summers. Phasing out of the logging and will be launching a new business in the near future.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:51 PM

I'm a regular ole farmer.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

Department of public welfare. The state is very generous when it comes to vacation time, holidays, etc..
Old 07-04-2007, 06:20 PM

I'm a firefighter. The schedule leaves me plenty of time to hunt, which I need because the public land I hunt requires a lot of time to be successful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.