Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how much do you spend

Old 07-03-2007, 06:27 PM

Default RE: how much do you spend

$100-$200 a year = 1 dozen to 2 dozen a year
Old 07-03-2007, 09:20 PM

I can ussually get through a year on just one dozen. I will ussually work my way down to about 3 arrows and then there is ussually something "better" I think I need to try so the next year I buy a different brand or something like that. But hey after a couple years I have a good mixed bag of different arrowsto take out and launch a few at rabbits come winter time.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:22 PM

Let's just say I'm SOOOOO glad to work in a pro shop where I can buy my stuff at cost.....
Old 07-03-2007, 09:29 PM

I'm already $180 in this year, but plan on buying another dozen just to have before the season rolls around, but like Mobo, I'll get these at cost.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Wash:

How many deer do you get to take? LOL.... A dozen arrows?

I'm hoping to shoot 8 or more...andI sure as heck hope I don't go through a dozen arrows!
Old 07-04-2007, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I usually by 1/2 dozen new ACCs a year to keep the stock up. So about $60 a year since buying the initial 18.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Little to nothing. I rarely lose or break them. That's the advantage to using premium arrows. Unless there is a new arrow that I want to try, I don't spend anything on arrows on a yearly basis. I still have 8 of a dozenA/C/C 3-60s that I bought 6 years ago. I did buy some Axis FMJs last year.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Wash:

How many deer do you get to take? LOL.... A dozen arrows?

I'm hoping to shoot 8 or more...andI sure as heck hope I don't go through a dozen arrows!
Murphy isn't one of my better friends, Jeff, and we both know that stuff happens.

I plan on shooting FMJs for quite awhile, so I just like having a lot of arrows. Plus I like to experiment with new fletching and whatnot, and it helps to have extra arrows to do this with rather than refletch my primary arrows.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

My 6th dozen since January is in the mail now. [8D]

Most of those 6 dozen are target specific arrows for different uses though. 2x dozen 30x Pro's, 1x dozen X-Cutter Pro's, 1x dozen Pro 22's, 1x dozen CAA 350's, and 1x dozen CAA 400's. I will probably order another dozen pro 22's soon that weight match my first dozen in the next few weeks.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:01 PM

I have acquiredat least four dozen already this year. Half of these were ST Excel's - which have turned to be a very good arrow for the money. Pariticularly after you true up the inserts in a lathe. Will probably get at least another dozen - maybe two. Haven't really lost or broken more than five or six - so maybe after the next purchase (ST Axis?) I'll be set for awhile hopefully.

PS- I'm providing arrows for three bows: mine, son's, and daughter's. I'm the only one who shoots regularly.

Quick Reply: how much do you spend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.