Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interesting Changes in PA

Old 07-05-2007, 09:19 AM

Default RE: Interesting Changes in PA

ORIGINAL: BOWTECH PA BOWHUNTER

VERY INTERESTING DEBAT,

HUH..........................
IF YOU WANT TO CARRY IT THEN CARRY IT BUT DON'T USE IT ON THE DEER

???????????????????????????

This is the idea. Just because you carry when you go intoto Wal-Mart for a loaf of bread doesn't mean you plan on using your gun. Just the same, carrying while bowhunting doesn't mean you plan on using your gun... The point is to have the RIGHT to carry it for the unexpected situation you can't see coming. No, 99.999% of the time you don't need to carry a sidearm while bowhunting, or for anything else, but I sure like the idea of having the RIGHT to carry a sidearm for that other .001% for those situations you never thought could/would happen.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

yea for a moment I'll feel a little sorry for people who just liked to ride around and have fun with the kids, BUT all you have to do is leave the house an hour earlier and catch some deer in the fields before dark. Not too much a difference for average guy just wanting to see deer. Yea maybe he's not going to see any nice ones cause they are noturnal, but he still gets to ride around and have fun.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:06 AM

I think what you really have to understand is that apoacher is not a hunter and they do not care about the hunting regs. They dont sit at home and study the manual and find out what game laws they are breaking because they simply dont care. Our hunting regs dont apply to them.

I dont hunt with a gun or own a gun, but I dont want to tell someone that they cant carry a weapon just because I choose not to carry one.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't read the last page of this thread so this may be a repeat. For those whosee noreason someone would need to carry a sidearm in PA there's a lot of people in VA who saw no reason to need to carry a sidearm to their class in college. When you can think of a good reason it's usually too late.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Question:

Do you think poaching incidents will be greater or less with the new "carry" law. Not documented arrests.....but acctual incidents.

Yes or No.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty simple really.

I don't care about little self-defense peashooters. I couldn't care less if you're afraid of the boogie man. Carry 10 of 'em, just be prepared to pay the piper if/when you shoot somebody with it.

This isn't the gun I'm complaining about.

Good luck shooting deer with that stupid thing...

These gunsare the problem.... Would you trust some hillbilly bumpkinheadcase "bowhunting" or "spotting" deer in YOUR neighborhood with these? Sorry, but I don't. Honestly, the merefact that they're allowed to have bows is scary enough.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

You complain about that possiblity and then support the "recreational" use of spotlighting? LOL, be consistent will you.

Edit: Replaced "jacklighting" with "spotlighting". I've always used them interchangeably because both are illegal here in VA but apparently there is a distinction.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Dominant Buck

I can see where this is heading.....and common sense has no place, there.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:05 AM

I didn't realize spotlighting was legal in PA until I read this thread. It is definitely illegal in VA but guess how many people still spotlight? And its a shame how many deer are taken each year by spotlighting.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dale - I know you're not a PA resident, so let me explain, and then you'll understand.

PA permits recreational spotlighting. Game Commish has 2 rules: You have to stop by 11:00, and NO WEAPONS IN THE VEHICLE. It really worked pretty good - they patrol at night, and will pull you over and check the car for guns. I've been stopped at least 5-10 times. They find no weapons, and send you on your way. We've been spotting deer for as long as I can remember.

Gun whiners got a new law passed thatpermits concealed carry weapons in the car while spotting (afraid of the boogie man). LEO's were almost bitterly opposed to it- now they actually have to catch the poacher in the act of shooting. Whereas before, they could throw the book at them if they just caught them spotting with a weapon in the vehicle at a random police stop, or a spotlighting checkpoint.

Obviously, there were still some problems, but it worked as well as it could have. We only have a few officers per county, but they did a fair job - up until now.

Jacklighting is, has, and will always be 100% illegal in PA. This new law, however, puts the ball in the criminals' court, and will enable jacklighters to "hunt" at night, legally. All they have to do now is just be smart enough to shoot when nobody's looking. The game commission spotlighting checkpoints will no longer be effective.

This effectively takes the teeth right out of our law enforcement capabilities, and puts our license fee money to waste. It's ultimately gonna cost us our spotlighting privileges. No doubt in my mind.

Quick Reply: Interesting Changes in PA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.