Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Went "scouting" tonight. **EDITED BUCK FOUND**

Old 06-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Went "scouting" tonight. **EDITED BUCK FOUND**

After planting the mini food plot tonight I decided to go around driving around the house and looking for deer in the fields. We drove to a spot across the road from my house and about 600yds from my land. We saw 14 deer in just one field. 3 Bucks and the rest does. No fawns though. I saw one buck that I have a picture of and he has branched out pretty good but unfortunately no mass on him. Got me really excited though. I may try to go out tommorow and take the camera along. There was also another buck that looked REALLY big. He was heading in the woods though so we couldn't get too good of a look.

And I'm still waiting to see this guy this year. Wish he'd come out of hiding and just hoping he's not already on someone else's wall.

EDIT:

After having the good outing last night at the other fields I decided I would keep a good eye on a field near my spot tonight. I decided to go up and check the woods around the mini foodplot I planted last night. I got to the foodplot and I jumped a deer up. I just took it with a grain of salt. I decided to leave and head back to the house. When i got to the house I saw the deer I had jumped out in the field. Got my binos and looked. As soon as I saw him, I said, "Finally". It's the 8pt in the picture above. His left side is angled up just like it was last year, left browtine has a "hook" in it. He is about what you would expect for him to be. He's already to the edge of his ears and his tines are ALREADY as long as they are in the pictures above. I kinda got to breathe a sigh of relief when I saw him, knowing he hadn't been killed. This deer is truly going to be a MONSTER for my area this year. His browtines were already about 4 inches aswell! I'm pretty pumped for season. Just praying he hangs around and doesnt meet a the front end of a car. I'm going this week to hang stands and put the BIG memory card in the camera. After that I'm staying out as much as possible.

Here is a picture of my miniture experimental food plot we made yesterday. It's just kind of an expirament to see what will grow. It gets pretty good afternoon sun and plenty of water ( assuming it rains). We raked all the leaves back and then hoe'd the ground up pretty good. After that we took the seed spreader and went to spreading. After spreading all of it we took a garden rake and worked it all in. Just an expirament to see what will happen. Kinda hard to see the boundaries in the pic but to give you an idea its about 30yards by about 20ish and then right beside it we made one about 15yds in diameter in an opening in the trees. We'll see how it does in a few weeks. Any ideas of what to plant this fall for winter?

Old 06-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Went "scouting" tonight.

Nice to see that many deer in one field I bet! I did the same exact thing yestarday - minus planting the plot, that will come mid-august. Every year I get excited earlier and earlier. This year I was ready to go in about January
Old 06-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks good. I just found out my grandpa moved the edge of the cornfield 100 yards closer to my blind. Now its only a 50 yard shot!!!!!! (muzzleloader) I just put my camera out so hopefully ill get some pics too
Old 06-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm going to try to go out tommorow and get some pictures of the mini wood plot before anyhting starts comming up.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing gets you pumped for the season like scouting!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Nice pics...
Old 07-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice oics, it looks like you should have a good year.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:24 PM

Nice pics man!! That second one could grow to be a biggen!
Old 07-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am ready myself, still have 3 months.This pic wason my camera yesterday when I went down to check my camera.

Old 07-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rankbull

nice oics, it looks like you should have a good year.
yea. nice oics

Quick Reply: Went "scouting" tonight. **EDITED BUCK FOUND**

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.