Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you consider an accomplished......

Old 06-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you consider an accomplished......

I would consider a bowhunter accomplished if they learn all they can about the animals they hunt. Then put that knowledge to work in the woods, and harvest the animal they are after on a somewhatconsistant basis.

Bout the best way I know to explain it.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I would consider a bowhunter accomplished if they learn all they can about the animals they hunt. Then put that knowledge to work in the woods, and harvest the animal they are after on a somewhatconsistant basis.

Bout the best way I know to explain it.
Sounds good!
Old 06-30-2007, 09:27 PM

An accomplished hunter in my eyes is someone who continues to learn everything he can by using every means available. An accomplished hunter uses this knowledge to successfully kill the game he is after. And anaccomplished hunter does everything in his power to pass this knowledge on to others, specifically the next generation of hunters.

Difficult to explain, really.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Knowing that another hunter has practiced shooting skills and uses good judgement when and when not to shoot at an animal. Someone who has taken there game legaly no matter how big. A hunter that has respect for the land owners. Some one who is willing to help get another hunter started. Someone that has taken there quarry on a semi consistent basis.
Great topic Scott!!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe it comes down to competence.Someone who shoots well under pressure and is a good woodsman.Consistent kill's on better then average animals,with every thing being above board ethically.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Knowing that another hunter has practiced shooting skills and uses good judgement when and when not to shoot at an animal. Someone who has taken there game legaly no matter how big. A hunter that has respect for the land owners. Some one who is willing to help get another hunter started.
If someone doesn't meet those criteria in the first place, then that person is a pure slob and NOT a hunter at all. So, there's no way to be an accomplished hunter if he's not a hunter in the first place.

To me an accomplished hunter is someone who consistently takes game by relying more on his woodsmanship skills than on gadgetry. The less gadgetry he uses to take his prey, the more accomplished he is.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ac·com·plished (-kmplsht)

ADJECTIVE:
[ol][*]Skilled; expert: an accomplished pianist. [*]Having many social graces; polished or refined.[/ol]

An "expert" or "accomplished" bowhunter to me is someone that obviously has the experience and woodsmanship (most often, well over 30+ years experience) that exceeds most. His skills in every aspect of the "game" have been refined and honed to arazors edge. He is generally the first one to leave camp and the last one to return. He leaves nothing to chance and realizes that there areno shortcuts in our sport, only extra miles. If pressed to describe them in one word it would be, consistent. A hunter consistently ableto set up on mature animals of the species he/she happens to be hunting. To me, it should be a cheap coin phase thrown around by members of the media! To become an accomplished bowhunter it takes a LOT more than reading a few books, buying some DVDs and then simply killing a few deer,.... as many seem to think in these days of self-promotion. Everywhereyou look, this "sport" has become waaaayyyyy to commercialized.

Good luck and good huntin'

Old 07-01-2007, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Accomplishment, like beauty, lies (sp) in the eye of the beholder.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I willadd on to my thoughts of an accomplished bowhunter, someone who only gets to hunt weekends anhas limited vac. dayseach year to pursue his or her game of choice an they are sucessfulin their pursuit of quality animals.

I am not saying that the people that hunt for a living or the ones that have unlimited days to hunt are not sucessful.I just think that this fits most of the working peopleas for as being an accomplished bowhunter.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Someone you can plunck down in old place and after some snooping around can set up and show results in a matter of time. Results doesnt have to mean a kill(harvest for some of you) either.

Quick Reply: What do you consider an accomplished......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.