Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Stories Good or Bad

Old 07-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy Stories Good or Bad

Shot a doe with mx-4 last year, one lunged her , blood everywhere, she ran 50 yards. Any of you folks who have had blood trail issues with the old muzzy's will love these, huge hole, size of the bottom of a styrofoam cup. Also the old muzzy's 3 blade 100gr on a microcrometer only measured 7/8 cutting dia. The new ones MX series measure what they say them to be.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Muzzy Stories Good or Bad

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

I am also currently using the Montecs - but I still have a fairly high regard for the Muzzy. A guy I know who guides for one of the famous high dollar ranches in New Mexico swears by them. In fact, they won't allow expandables on this property.

PSE - when you put the Muzzy on the Axis arrow with the HIT insert, did you use the broadhead adapters?
I did not. Looking back I wish I would have experimented with it more. I have nothing against Muzzy broadheads but I just love the 1 piece design G5 has.