Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do southern deer really duck faster?

Old 06-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do southern deer really duck faster?

ORIGINAL: Germ

Swamp that makes a pile of sense
Not to mention that most of the states up there think that shotguns are for deer hunting...not rifles.

I will boldly state that most southern boys will flat lick anybody when it comes to wingshooting or shooting a rifle.

Bow shooting seems to be much MUCH more popular and prevalent in the north and mid-west. For the most part down here, you shoot a bow because you like to. VA allows x-bows..and there are lots of bow hutners here. But where I come from in the Lowcountry of SC....you bow hunt just for the heck of it...because its rifles from day 1 in August til closing in January.

I'm not knockin my own here...and I'd take out most yankees with my bow...but I think there are for more people up north who are hunters that bowhunt as well.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

Not sure, but the SEC sure put on stomping on you northern boys in football and basketball this year

I would only assume our deer are superior athletes as well? [8D]
I do believe Wisconsin beat Arkansas and Penn St. beat Tennessee making the Big Ten 2-1 against the SEC this bowl season. Ohio St. managed to knock off Tennessee on their way to the Final Four. It's easy toassume a CONFERENCE was"stomped" by anotherbased solely on the matchups between ONE team from each, but harder to take all information into consideration and admit the truth even though it may make your argument seem both ridiculous and biased.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

[/quote]

I will boldly state that most southern boys will flat lick anybody when it comes to wingshooting or shooting a rifle.

[/quote]

Your bold statement is dead wrong. You might be correct with saying that southern boyscan out wingshoot or rifle shoot northeastern or west coast boys, but there is no way you guys can out shoot us midwest boys. I laugh at the way southerners wingshoot, and I see a lot of them come up to shoot at pheasants here in South Dakota. You guys are just terrible shots.

If southern deer do duck faster, it's just because they get more practice.If rednecks chucked a few beer bottles at your head, you would learn to duck faster too.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:18 PM

yeah, but southern boys don't cornhole.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Edit No good taste to parse or re-write post
Old 06-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mtfreezer

Your bold statement is dead wrong. You might be correct with saying that southern boyscan out wingshoot or rifle shoot northeastern or west coast boys, but there is no way you guys can out shoot us midwest boys. I laugh at the way southerners wingshoot, and I see a lot of them come up to shoot at pheasants here in South Dakota. You guys are just terrible shots.

If southern deer do duck faster, it's just because they get more practice.If rednecks chucked a few beer bottles at your head, you would learn to duck faster too.
Dont be puttin all us southern boys together just because you have seen a few rich boys from the middle of a city shoot a gun for their first time. you come down toour neck of the woods and we will show you a think or two on wing shootin
Old 06-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

Dont be puttin all us southern boys together just because you have seen a few rich boys from the middle of a city shoot a gun for their first time. you come down toour neck of the woods and we will show you a think or two on wing shootin
Good point about the rich city boys. I was just trying to stir the pot a little. But, I doubt too many people could teach me how to wingshoot any better. Unless you can teach me how to switch my eye dominance when ever I wanted it to switch. I can't shot as well left handed. I am sure of one thing. I bet I could improve my bow shooting with your help. Very new to it and not a lot of help in my area.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had the pleasure of shooting both ducks and geese in the company of two good friends of mine who inhabit SD. And if your general marksmenship is in anyway relected in them....then y'all are just a joke.

I'm sure y'all are much better at shooting a single phesant out of the clear blue sky at 40 yards with a full choke and 3" lead #4s with the same amount of powder behind it as a load of OOO buckshot. But, when you put a phesant man behind a pointer and a covey of 15 birds with his phesant thumper...its pretty funny to see them empty their 12s into nothing but pine trees while I double with a 20, and another friend knocks off a pair with a .410. Wood ducks are even better amusement...because if there is one thing those two from SD do not understand...its shooting birds around the timber.

There again, any poor sap who can swing a gun fairly fast can kill phesants...and if he has a lab worth its salt...the dog will even run down the cripples....but picking a single out of a covey...or a drake woodie out of a trio in the early light through the trees separates the men from the boys.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

EDIT EDIT
Edit again.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure of one thing. I bet I could improve my bow shooting with your help. Very new to it and not a lot of help in my area.
You'll actually find more similarities with shooting a bow to shooting a shotgun than you would a rifle. Less aim...more shooting by feel. Fit is very important. Consistancy is everything. And of course, you have to pick your shots.

Quick Reply: Do southern deer really duck faster?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.