Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Practice Games

Old 06-26-2007, 04:18 PM

Default RE: Bow Practice Games

We used to stand a concrete block up on the wellhouse about 15yards from the target, step back another 10 or 15 yards and shoot through the holes in the block.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

how many arrows did you break from that one?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

We shoot at each other's arrows/fletching. Childish? Yes. Fun/Funny? Yes.
This is my favorite game except I like to shoot at the nocks (its best when you break your friend’s arrow).And yeah it's childish, but so fun.

The other thing we like to do at the range when we get board of paper. Take a arrow with fishing line on the end and hang a small bobber from it and tryto hit it. It kind of explodes when you hit it. In fact it took off so well they sell bobbers where I shoot now.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

We shoot at each other's arrows/fletching. Childish? Yes. Fun/Funny? Yes.
This is my favorite game except I like to shoot at the nocks (its best when you break your friend’s arrow).And yeah it's childish, but so fun.

The other thing we like to do at the range when we get board of paper. Take a arrow with fishing line on the end and hang a small bobber from it and tryto hit it. It kind of explodes when you hit it. In fact it took off so well they sell bobbers where I shoot now.
But, you gotta be careful who you play with. Last time my girl and I shot together I was up on the roof practicing treestand shots and she was on the deck. We were shooting at two bags and one foam block. Since she was at an angle to the foam block and it was directly down from me I decided to be cute and started shooting holes in her fletchings (heck I fletched them for her anyway). She was getting pretty hot about it, then I shot low and litterally cut one of her arrows in two. Of course, she was shooting at mine too....she was just being a sore loser....but speaking of sore...my back was sore because the couch is powerful uncomfortable.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

We made a dart board on a 4' x 4' piece of rigid 3" roof insulation. We placed a nail in the middle and took an 18" piece of string and made a circle. Then we traced a quarter for the triples and a snuff can or a half dollar for the doubles. Then we play cricket or cut throat or any other dart game... I'll try to find a picture.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:45 AM
Dominant Buck

We shoot at microscopic organisms and range with a microscope inside our Bushnells.

We shoot 3D a couple times a week. I've seen "maybe" 4-6 nocks get busted in a couple of years (between 2-5 guys shooting).

Admittedly....we don't shoot at the same dot over and over again. We're shooting a 20 target indoor 3D course. Honestly....I'd like to see all this nock-bustin/vane-tearin shooting first hand.

How many nocks got busted at the get-together?

Old 06-27-2007, 05:03 AM
Typical Buck

I know this doesn't involve cards, but it was a way that helped me get both of my kids involved in archery...
I would have them take an old book, Winnie the Pooh or Barney (something like that) and they'd tear out a page and stick it to my Block target and then they'd tell me where to stand and then tell me which character on the page to shoot at first!

It probably sounds silly to y'all but it's a great way for you and your3 or 4 year old to have a blast on the range! And man do they give me hell if I missed Barney!
Old 06-27-2007, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Surprisingly, I don't remember seeing any nocks broken. There were a few arrow slaps but I believe all nocks survived.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

We shoot at microscopic organisms and range with a microscope inside our Bushnells.

That sounds like a blast we should all pick up a set of those Bushnells for next years H'NC

We shoot 3D a couple times a week. I've seen "maybe" 4-6 nocks get busted in a couple of years (between 2-5 guys shooting).

Admittedly....we don't shoot at the same dot over and over again. We're shooting a 20 target indoor 3D course. Honestly....I'd like to see all this nock-bustin/vane-tearin shooting first hand.
When shooting locallywith a group of 3 other guys (4 in all, all good shooters) we probably average 2-6 broken nocks or arrows out of the groupper 30 target 3D course.

We shot in groups of 3 or 4 and 0 were broke in my group.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:12 AM
Dominant Buck

I believe that.

It's rare...even among great shooters.

Quick Reply: Bow Practice Games

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.