Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Practice Games

Old 06-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bow Practice Games

I get a lot of gas money that way.
Apparently not enough to make it to IL.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think he meant that you shoot a card
Old 06-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

We tie a wiffel ball (plastic, lots of holes in it)to a string and then swing it, and shoot at it. Lots of fun, tough to hit. This winter I got to be a much better shooter because of Darchery. We played Cricket, just like you would with darts, only with archery gear from 20 yards. Those triples are HARD to hit, and pretty much everything else too.

We also shoot alot where damage to an arrow is a very probable with a miss. Shoot the edge of the Block, or hit the wall behind it, stuff like that. Amazing how much you can concentrate when equipment damage is on the line.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you have a few people you can make teams and try sprinting a hundred yards to the shooting line take a shot then run back and tag in your partner. Race another team and you will get your heart rate up just like a big buck. I have done it and it is fun.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could try small balloon's , just inflate them and tie them to your target face.
You can make the balloons as small or large as you like but the smaller the better.
You could also use a deck of playing cards , using just the numbered card's 2 thru 10 and aim for one of the club's , spade's , heart's or diamond's.
Check out Lady Forge's thread on exploding targets in the HNI Hunting Camp Forums , those were great.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:04 PM

Well we play all the above. Tag (hit each others arrow), tic tac toe, darts. The other one we do is kind of cool. Ok, take a snow sled strap down the target (square ones work best). Tie a line to the sled have one person pull and practice moving target. We practice from an elivated deck so loss of arrows is not an issue. However, shooting the sled is. But it's a ton of fun!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

alright, everyone gets three arrows. this can be a 2 player or more game. you score points by being in certin rings,10 9, 8 ect.the loser(s) have to chug a beer. but dont play more than 10 games cause it gets pretty dangerous
Old 06-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rankbull

if you have a few people you can make teams and try sprinting a hundred yards to the shooting line take a shot then run back and tag in your partner. Race another team and you will get your heart rate up just like a big buck. I have done it and it is fun.
I like this one!

Tom
Old 06-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

The other good two player hunting practice I have found is the timed shot. Have your buddy take hold of a digital kitchen timer (Minute Minder type job). He will say go, and you will draw your bow. At that point, he will hit start on the timer...which he will have pre-set to any amount of time between 5 and 55 seconds, or however long you please. When the timer goes off...you have until the third beep to fire your arrow...just as if the buck had stopped behind a tree for a bit..and then stepped out and quickly stopped or made you.

If you wanted to use a deck of cards, you could make several predetermined shooting spots of whatever range you like...when you draw a 2, you shoot from station two or whatever, to make it more interesting...if its a red card..you have to shoot sitting on a 5 gal bucket, to simulate a sitting shot, black card you have to stand...or make it kneel or whatever. If you only have enough space for four or so locations....use suits. You can keep score or not...but any form of shooting will make you a better shooter..and having it be fun is just all the better.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

those are some good ideas!

Quick Reply: Bow Practice Games

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.