Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need a little help selecting a new bow...

Old 06-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default I need a little help selecting a new bow...

I have bow hunted 25 years ....have had compound bows from an Allen back in the mid 70's to my last which was a Black Diamond made back in 2000 ....I want to upgrade andknow there are a lot of opinions about allthe new bows but what I would like to ask is not what you like about your new bow but what has disippointed you about your bow and what brand it is.

thank you
dd

Old 06-26-2007, 07:19 AM

Default RE: I need a little help selecting a new bow...

Bowtech Tribute--no problems, no kinks at all. The best bow I've owned in 25 years of bowhunting. It is fast, accurate, light and easy to tune and set up.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a 2007 Bowtech Allegiance.

Take money out of the equation........because all the top end bows cost nearly the same.

I dislike the following things about my bow:

1. It's not as fast as Quick's
Old 06-26-2007, 07:25 AM

I have an 05 Bowtech Allegiance and to be honest with you I have not had one thing to complain about. It has shot great since the day that I got. Its quiet and has very minimal handshock. Actually I do have one complaint and that is the price, but that is on bows in general. They are all close to $800.00 now and that doesnt include the additional 4-5 hundred that you will spend on accessories.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Things I have found that I don't like about certain bows I've shot.

1) Rough (not smooth) draw
2) Shot shock
3) Weight (actual bow weight)

I would recommend a Bowtech....probably any of their latest models would seem amazing if your shooting a older bow. But honestly, any of the top of the line bows would do you just fine if your making a big jump (from old bow to new bow). The above are just some things I have notice that might be worth keeping any eye on.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I used to buy and sell bows and shoot so many different ones. I have to say that when I started shooting Bowtech, I never looked back. Great warranty, and awesome people affiliated with bowtech. If I were going to get a new bow today, I would look at the guardian or commander by Bowtech.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I gotta tell ya Doc, you really need to shoot the Iron Mace ....... I have a Drenalin, and zero complaints about it, but Quik purchased his bow for 200 bills less ..... you have heard, and will hear about the$700.00 + bows in this thread ... all awesome killing machines, but do yourself a favor and shoot the Iron Mace before you purchase one of the others .....

Old 06-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if DD is that worried about the price difference on these bows. But after Quick's comments,
I would want to shoot the Iron Mace (Barnsdale limbs, fast, decent brace height, etc.)

I like my Tribute. Very adjustable, speed and smooth mods, fast, accurate, comfortable to shoot.
I guess my only complaint, if I had to choose one, would be bow noise (not vibration). It just seems a little
louder than I was expecting. Of course I have not completed my quest to make it quieter.

I heard a rumor that for next year they might lighten up the Tributes like they did with the Allegiance for 07.
The weight issue was one I was not worried about b/c (1) the Tribute is already average in weight,
(2) I treestand hunt only, and (3) I shot a very heavy bow before, and still like some heft to my bow.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, best thing to do is go shoot some and make your own decision. Youcant really go wrong with any of the new bows, they will all kill deer if you canhit what your aiming at.To me its all about feel, axle to axle length,draw cycle,hand shock and noise.A few FPS faster or slower doesnt mean diidly and neither does the camo or look of the actual bow.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

i just got the drenalin and my main problem is that i keep bustin up my knocks.

Quick Reply: I need a little help selecting a new bow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.