Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need a little help selecting a new bow...

Old 06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I need a little help selecting a new bow...

Thank guys keep it coming ... I need all the feedback I can get to help make an objective decision ...

dd

Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Bowtech and the Hoyt I had too. They are both very solid bows and if I go with another brand besides those two ever again it will be a Ross for sure, but i really like those two company and they stand behind there bows with great warrentys if anything happens.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:31 AM

I have a Vectrix (Hoyt), a Drenalin (Mathews), and a Cardiac (Ross)

The only problem I have with the Vectix is the weight, it's a little heavier than I like in a bow but it's also the most accurate one I own.

The only problem I have with the Drenalin was the cost. Ouch. This is the smoothest bow I own.

I have no problems with the Cardiac, it was the cheepest one to buy, has many of the same designs that the Mathews have and has some of the same features I love about the Vectrix, I highly recommend this bow. The only bad thing I have heard about the Ross company is the customer service is not up to par, this is only a rumor I have heard because I have not actually had to deal with them myself, but like I said, it was only rumored.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vectrixman

The only bad thing I have heard about the Ross company is the customer service is not up to par, this is only a rumor I have heard because I have not actually had to deal with them myself, but like I said, it was only rumored.
I have heard NOTHING but good things about Ross customer service. Who told you this?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been happy with the Bowtechs I've owned, love my Commander. Tough to go wrong these days though with any of the new ones. Get out and shoot a few and you'll be amazed at how far they have come.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

ORIGINAL: Vectrixman

The only bad thing I have heard about the Ross company is the customer service is not up to par, this is only a rumor I have heard because I have not actually had to deal with them myself, but like I said, it was only rumored.
I have heard NOTHING but good things about Ross customer service. Who told you this?
The store owner where I bought the bow said he has had problems with them when he placed orders, like i said, I have not personally had to deal with them in this way so I have not obviously had any problems. That is why I said it was only rumor.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

My switchback (not XT) is a joy to shoot, shock free, quiet, and good speed.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Doc, nice to hear from you. Where ya been?As for my new Vectrix XL, the only thing I can come up with would be, it'sa tad heavy as already mentioned. I honestly believe this helps withstability. I'm shooting better than I've ever shot!
Old 06-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do yourself a favor if you are looking at the Bowtechs. Do not overlook the Equalizer from Bowtech. The only thing is the drawlength is max 27.5 and (for all you soon to be old men with bad shoulders) the max draw weight is 60 lbs. For the price, the quality, the weight, ATA, and speed, you simply can not go wrong.

JMHO

LAEqualizer
Old 06-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

Hey Doc, nice to hear from you. Where ya been?As for my new Vectrix XL, the only thing I can come up with would be, it'sa tad heavy as already mentioned. I honestly believe this helps withstability. I'm shooting better than I've ever shot!
Thanks Early ...ive been around ...not much in the bow room seeing as how I aint been bow hunting much since 05 ...glad to hear you love your Vectrix and that your shooting well with it ... I will be going tomorrow to check out a few ...Ill update you guys ..

dd

Quick Reply: I need a little help selecting a new bow...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.