Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

climber

Old 06-25-2007, 04:54 PM

Default climber

how hard is it to use a climber. and any ever use the Summit Goliath
Old 06-25-2007, 05:00 PM

Default RE: climber

ORIGINAL: PaBowhunter29

how hard is it to use a climber. and any ever use the Summit Goliath
Very easy learn....much easier going up, however. Once you get a deer down it is difficult not to rush yourself coming down. Basically, climbers involve a stand up, sit down method...cleats on the back of the stand keep it from sliding down the tree.You'll get it quickly. I've used lots of climbers and the Goliath is the most comfortable all-day stand I've ever used. Highly recommended! Good Luck.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:05 PM

Dude, they're easy to use. The hardest part of the whole process is hanging the stand correctly. You just can't start w/ the stand level, it has to be inclined so that as you climb and the tree gets smaller in diameter, the stand levels. That part takes a little practice, but it's really quite simple.

I have the Viper, which is identical to the Goliath save it's size. The Goliath is a bit bigger, otherwise it's the same stand.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

climbers are very easy to use

[/align]
Old 06-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Very comfy the Goliath is.Check the classified section.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Dude, they're easy to use. The hardest part of the whole process is hanging the stand correctly. You just can't start w/ the stand level, it has to be inclined so that as you climb and the tree gets smaller in diameter, the stand levels. That part takes a little practice, but it's really quite simple.

I have the Viper, which is identical to the Goliath save it's size. The Goliath is a bit bigger, otherwise it's the same stand.

Good point, mobohuntr...look at the difference in the diameter of the tree where you hang it, at ground level, and where you intend to climb (say 20 feet). Note how much thinner it is and angle your stand upward to match in hopes that it will be level once you are done climbing. You DON'T want your climber angled downward.