Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question for all???

Old 12-24-2002, 08:20 PM

Default question for all???

im hunting springfield illinois day after christmas and as wondering since i dont live in the state if the rut is still going on or if it starts soon and if there are any lureing tactics i could use??? please help thanx
Old 12-24-2002, 08:36 PM

Default RE: question for all???

springfield is about 1 1/2 hrs. north of me and here i would say that is about over. there might be a few yearlings that have yet to be bred but for the most part i would say here it is over.
i would concentrate on beds in morning and food at night. i might also mention that they probably are, or just got 4-8 inches of snow. we have around 6 here and it is still droping. the storm is heading north east wich means it is probably still snowing there. you might luck out and see exactly where they are. the temps are suppose to be in the upper 20's to lower 30's. good luck hope you get a late x-mas present.