Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got a new bowtech !!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got a new bowtech !!!!

Well, I recently sold my bowtech pro 38 dually with intentions of getting a new one towards hunting season. I thought I'd test the waters with my wife Saturday night and mention I was going to head to Kinsey's on Sunday to get my new bow and I promised not to go over 1300.00. (I replaced EVERYTHING). She just looked at me with a smirk so I KNEW I could get away with it. This is what I came home with.

Man...I'm like a kid on Christmas !!!!! I added an extreme 5 pin sight and limb saver drop away to it. Although when I was looking at it before bed last night she did say "there is no way that bow is coming to bed with us...it sleeps on the floor."

Now I just have to decide what arrows to get for it and I'll be set.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Got a new bowtech !!!!

Congrats - really nice bow - Now if only you don't get your butt handed to you by the Fuzzy Wuzzy Bunnies in fantasy football this year, you'll be ahead of the game. You better pack a lunch.

What kind of sights/rest/stab did you go with?

Old 06-25-2007, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: bearklr

Well, I recently sold my bowtech pro 38 dually with intentions of getting a new one towards hunting season. I thought I'd test the waters with my wife Saturday night and mention I was going to head to Kinsey's on Sunday to get my new bow and I promised not to go over 1300.00. (I replaced EVERYTHING). She just looked at me with a smirk so I KNEW I could get away with it. This is what I came home with.

Man...I'm like a kid on Christmas !!!!! I added an extreme 5 pin sight and limb saver drop away to it. Although when I was looking at it before bed last night she did say "there is no way that bow is coming to bed with us...it sleeps on the floor."

Now I just have to decide what arrows to get for it and I'll be set.
What a minute...you told your wife you were going to spend 1300.00 bucks on a bow and all you got was a smirk??? Gentleman, meet the luckiest man on earth! That information is strictly classified, confidential and on a need to know basis in this household. Seriously, congrats on the purchase. I am a certified Mathews nut, but I am going to be giving a Guardian a serious look next season.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats! I just shot a Guardian Saturday in the Bowtech Interactive Archery Experience truck that was at the Dallas round of the PBR. Man what a sweet shooter! My wife and I are closing on a new house in a couple of weeks so no new bow in my future but in a different world....
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Believe me, I KNOW just how lucky I am to have such a great wife. The funny thing is I just got back from a week long guys trip in Canada while she stayed home with the kids so that wasn't cheap and a day after I got back I had to shell out for my deer mount I just got back so I figured a new bow was definitely out of the picture. I guess she never ceases to amaze me. As far as Mathews I must say that they are definitelyup there with bowtech onthe top of my list but just one shot through the guardian and I was hooked. It was whisper quiet with almost no handshock and fast.

Quick, I'm not getting too into FF (basically I wooped you last year so I expect much of the same). As far as sights I went with the extreme 5 pin sight (like this but I got the detachable model)

I went with the limb saver drop away rest. I wanted an MZE but they said they had trouble getting them to work properly on the guardians because of the cable guard.

Because of already low vibration I didn't want to spend too much on a stabilizer so I went with the nap 5".

My final purchase was a new tru ball adjustible tension caliper release. (I wanted to get one with a fall away design)

Old 06-25-2007, 11:04 AM

Yep, that wife is a keeper! Great choices in accessories. BTW: I was born in Erie. Stil hunt near Tidioute. Good luck this season with the new weapon.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Congrats! I just shot a Guardian Saturday in the Bowtech Interactive Archery Experience truck that was at the Dallas round of the PBR. Man what a sweet shooter! My wife and I are closing on a new house in a couple of weeks so no new bow in my future but in a different world....
Yep he did.. But Greg, you didn't tell everyone that in this pic you and Ausie-guy were shooting paint balls in the parking lot.. I caught you both red handed!

Old 06-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

you are the luckiest.....i love that bow
Old 06-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new bow...that sure is a nice one!!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Spending $1,300.00 on a bow and getting only a smirk is about the craziest thing I have ever heard. (this is not meant for very rich guys with second homes)

Whether a woman likes you out hunting every weekend or not. Did she not go to school? The one where they teach women that these large purchases are negotiation events? I'm thinking the smirk will be followed up numerous times in the next year with, "but you bought that expensive bow you wanted," as you choke on your Mastercard bill.

Anyway, very nice bow.

Quick Reply: Got a new bowtech !!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.