Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does Anybody know where to find Activated Carbon Arrows?

Old 06-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does Anybody know where to find Activated Carbon Arrows?

I think the deer have been smelling my arrows flying at them and ducking the shot.

Where can I find activated carbon arrows? The girl at Gander Mountain said they just sold out of them and more are on order.....
Old 06-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Does Anybody know where to find Activated Carbon Arrows?

Hmmmmmmmmmm... very interesting??!!::??!!

Maybe you could take your existing carbon arrows and barby them. That would sure as heck activate the carbon in them to an extent.

No need to barby your undies though as you're a flaming a.....[8D][8D]
Old 06-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just put your arrows in the drying and run it for an hour. You will have yourself some Scent-Free arrows!!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

I've got some I'll sell ya. $350 a dozen, completely black with no markings. I'll include some black carbon activated nocks and black carbon activated vanes or feathers if you like for another $100 . Completely stealthy.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:15 PM

I spray mine with Carbon Blast. I have seen and harvested more deer doing this than I did prior to the practice. I have a wall to prove it. I dont care what you say I will continue to do it. It works guaranteed.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: markj

I spray mine with Carbon Blast. I have seen and harvested more deer doing this than I did prior to the practice. I have a wall to prove it. I dont care what you say I will continue to do it. It works guaranteed.
It's gotta work man. My bow is SO quiet there's no way the noise is making them jump the string. I'm telling you - they SMELL the arrow flying at them and duck out of the way.

I'll probably just toss my arrows in the drier for an hour or so like the other guy said....
Old 06-22-2007, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

It's gotta work man. My bow is SO quiet there's no way the noise is making them jump the string. I'm telling you - they SMELL the arrow flying at them and duck out of the way.

I'll probably just toss my arrows in the drier for an hour or so like the other guy said....
No that wont work. It makes way too much noise and your wife will hate it. Carbon Blast, just shake it up and spray. But put it on real thick and let it dry. Good all day. And keep using it so you can keep buying it.

You will need to wash them occasionally with Scent Away soap when you are in the shower. Be careful since you will want to wash the broadheadalso. Just my opinion and I am super successful.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

No that wont work. It makes way too much noise and your wife will hate it. Carbon Blast, just shake it up and spray. But put it on real thick and let it dry. Good all day. And keep using it so you can keep buying it.

You will need to wash them occasionally with Scent Away soap when you are in the shower. Be careful since you will want to wash the broadheadalso. Just my opinion and I am super successful.
Liar! There has been scientific research done and thats how you activate carbon isnt it!!!! [8D]
Old 06-22-2007, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Liar! There has been scientific research done and thats how you activate carbon isnt it!!!! [8D]
No. Just because you have some Fan Club does not make you the authority here. Stick with Trail Cams and leave the carbon stuff to me.

Not hot enough and there is thischemical..physical...gas...bond thing. The best way is water, liquid, it does the physical thing. It worked in a tall thin jar and it works in the field. I have killed tons of B&C doing this. So just do what I say. Trust me. [X(]

We have people working in it as we speak. People that are much smarter than you or I. Good luck and go get em boys.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

Um. I would say put them in the oven for a lil' while. That should get them almost hot enough to reactivate that carbon that is ALREADY full from the arrow hanging on the store shelf and absorbing every little particle it comes in counter with. Make sure you do this after removing your Blazers....Don't want to melt them.

I know it works.. b/c my brother's bestfriend's, girlfriend's, aunt's, cousin's, old highschool PE teacher told me.

Quick Reply: Does Anybody know where to find Activated Carbon Arrows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.