Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thinking of

Old 06-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thinking of

Selling my rifles, I gun hunted a little last year but always had the feeling I should be bowhunting - If I sell them I can get a 334 and a few other things may need for the season

It is a serious addiction and after 22 years it is getting "worse"
Old 06-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Thinking of

brk...

I never rifle hunted deer.....and don't have anything against it. It's just not for me. I don't think I ever will.

I hunted turkeys with a shotgun....and took my first one with a bow, this past Spring (today IS the first day of Summer!). I don't think I'll ever hunt aturkey with a shotgun, again.

Nothing wrong with gun hunting....just not for me....and I understand FULLY what you're saying. If this thread goes anywhere near bashing gun hunting....it'll be a shame.

I might take up slingshot hunting one day and put the bow down. Hell I don't know.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even though you may never use them to hunt again, I would discourage anyoen from selling off thier guns unless it was a particular one thatjust didn't shoot well or you really disliked.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly Jeff, I took several deer before ever taking one with a rifle - the feeling wasn't the same no emotions or rush of adrenaline

Nothing wrong with hunting with rifles just doesn't do anything for me - have a few people look at me when it is the middle of rifle season and I pull my bow out - looks like we can use our bows during MZLd this year as well

But to each their own more power to you
Old 06-22-2007, 07:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Agree with you rybo. I play guitar....and I wish I had back every one I ever sold....without exception. I only have the Benelli, now.....but I wish I had kept all the shotguns through the years, too.

Great advise (j/k)....lol. Great ADVICE.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Brknarrow1970

Selling my rifles, I gun hunted a little last year but always had the feeling I should be bowhunting - If I sell them I can get a 334 and a few other things may need for the season

It is a serious addiction and after 22 years it is getting "worse"
Whatcha got and whatcha asking?
Old 06-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whether you should be "bowhunting only" or not, I'd keep the guns. It'll be real hard to fight against the goverment someday with nothing but a bow.