Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are you thinking?

Old 06-22-2007, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are you thinking?

I'm thinking I hope I am in the right tree.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

PT, I was not jumping down WH's throat. I used the little emoticons(Sp?) to express I was just bustin his chops.He came right back and so did I. No harm done. Man, you preacher types are just too sensitive.

Myself, I like to try and stay totally focused. Even in the dark of the morning. Yes, I do ususally say a prayer and think a little on other things, but usually it is focus, focus, focus. And I never nap in the woods unless I would be in a box blind. Too much you can miss too quick in a tree stand.

LT
Old 06-22-2007, 06:49 AM

I am slowly and quietly getting everything into place, arrow nocked and on holder, face mask, hatand gloves pulled on, etc. I used to be thinking everything I heard was a big buck but it drove me nuts and got me to jittery. So now, I just relax, think about something else,and slowly start scanning the woods as soon as I can make out shapes.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

May sound silly, but I am thinking of coons! I hate being in a tree with coons!! After that I am thinking if I was quite enough and just taking in the morning air. I love a sunrise in a woods.
You are going to get detention from the spelling police!!!

I always think about the sounds I am hearing. I love the pre-dawn darkness. Every sound is either a monster buck or some ferocious predator, especially back home with all the wolves and bears around. I also always wonder if a porcupine is going to shimmy down the tree I'm in. The mind can run wild in that darkness!
Old 06-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just reflecting on what is happening in life at the point, anticipating the day- have been a few scary mornings - hearing strange sounds but often when I do hunt in the am - it is reflecting on things, and enjoying the moment
Old 06-22-2007, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Man, you preacher types are just too sensitive.

LT
Momma always called me the defender of the weak ....
Old 06-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

What everyone else said. Millions of things run thru my mind from the noises, to life and enjoying the moment, but they all concede to the nap.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

To me this is he best part of the hunt outside of the moment of truth.

I think about how it might happen if it does, where he might come from if he comes. I think about all of the sounds that I hear. Is the wind going to change?

I also reflect and give thanks to God for the ability and opportunity to do what I love.

I almost always think that there is a monster standingabout 75 yards out.......................until the sun comes up and I realize it's a bush or a log........[:@]
Old 06-22-2007, 09:09 AM

If my stink is OK and what my wife and kids are doing.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm thinking that I can relax and not have to think about anything for a little while.

Quick Reply: What are you thinking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.