Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I Need Help for this season

Old 06-22-2007, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I Need Help for this season

Id say stay there, your chances are good if you can catch them going through at the right time and dont over hunt the stand. Playing the wind is going to be the biggest factor though. Also youll find that most scapes, especially large heavilly hit scrapes are hit by mature bucks after legal shooting hours. But to me it sounds like youre already setup in a great spot.
ORIGINAL: Airsoft Dude

ok ill try the wind thing but there is some old scrapes in the are like 10 yard radius theres 1 rune then a few by the swamp.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:33 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

wis bow huntr beat me to it, even though it's good don't over hunt the one stand. If possible (don't know what type of stand you have) and if you have the timeget in there and pick another couple of spots to set up in so you don't have to hunt the same one everyday. Choose 1 over another depending on the current conditions (time of day, wind, weather). Also the area around the swamp sounds appealing,you know the deer aregoing to be where you really don't want to be (nasty ol' swamp).
Old 06-22-2007, 08:45 AM

You did not mention the normal predominantwind direction. Where you say you were the wind will swirl and bust you all of the time if it comes across, especially in the evenings when the air is settling as it cools. That is the primary thing I got from your initial post.

Or getcarbon clothing and forget the wind! [:@] [X(]

One more thing. I dont have a clue about the terrain other than your explanation but if it has ridges and there are points at the end of the ridges, you may consider there. that is one of the best spots to try and play the wind in the hills. And be careful going in and out.

No great break-thru there but it is something.