Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody seen an ugly deer, yet?

Old 06-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Anybody seen an ugly deer, yet?

I think there may be (we briefly discussed it, once)a (for fun) little side contest for the ugliest deer. Heck I'll provide a prize for the "winner" (A cap or something from HNI or DLA....or an autographed, used WB). With Rob's permission....maybe we can open this up for either-sex deer.....and have it TOTALLY separate from the main contest.

Feel free to post your trail cam picks of some of your "MONSTERS".

Yes....all deer are "beautiful"....some just moreso than others. Majority vote rules. Doesn't need to be a "sticky"...we can play amongst ourselves. One of the bachelor groups in my area pointed out a couple of skanky does to me the other day they want culled.....even offered to help drag.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anybody seen an ugly deer, yet?

I got a photo of "Gus" as my wife named him. He is one heck of a duffus by the looks of him. Huge ears, one with a chunk out of it and the starts of what might eventually be as much as a 40" rack. He certainly is not on my hit list this year, but at least the chunk missing from his ear will let me identify him difinitively.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Haven't seen one of those since I left my EX- wife and if anybody happens to see that ugly old doe , go ahead and shoot it.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Dominant Buck

It's all for fun, Huntingson. If you get a camera shot of him from stand....and add a caption that says "Gotcha".....I'd be willing to let him be "entered".

"Let em go....and let em get Uglier"......is what I say.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Germ has never seen a deer too ugly to spoon!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It's all for fun, Huntingson. If you get a camera shot of him from stand....and add a caption that says "Gotcha".....I'd be willing to let him be "entered".

"Let em go....and let em get Uglier"......is what I say.
LOL. Fair enough.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still have this guy running around at my place. Saw him last year once, this pic he is a 2.5 year old and now he should be 4.5.

As of last year hewas still just as ugly.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Dominant Buck

"WINNER-WINNER....."CHICKEN DINNER (OK...Cap)"

If you get a shot of him....or lay him down.....he'll be hard to beat!!

"Elephant-Deer, In Velvet" ....the plaque should read.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot a buck about 4 years ago that we called the walkie-talkie buck. He was about 4.5 but his anlters only grew up to about 3 inch spikes. The right side split down along his jaw line toward his mouth like one of the McDonalds drive through walkie-talkies. After cutting his rack off we could see that he had broken his skull. In hindsight I wish I would have done a European mount of him to do justice to how he looked.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Bartender

I pick you, I WIN I WIN
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I think there may be (we briefly discussed it, once)a (for fun) little side contest for the ugliest deer. Heck I'll provide a prize for the "winner" (A cap or something from HNI or DLA....or an autographed, used WB). With Rob's permission....maybe we can open this up for either-sex deer.....and have it TOTALLY separate from the main contest.

Feel free to post your trail cam picks of some of your "MONSTERS".

Yes....all deer are "beautiful"....some just moreso than others. Majority vote rules. Doesn't need to be a "sticky"...we can play amongst ourselves. One of the bachelor groups in my area pointed out a couple of skanky does to me the other day they want culled.....even offered to help drag.

Quick Reply: Anybody seen an ugly deer, yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.