Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

X-Force...and Review

Old 06-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default X-Force...and Review

I made a trip to my local proshop for the first time since it's reopening. I was rather impressed to say the least, the new archery range they put in is SWEET! I had to go check out the bows, so over to the wall I went. I immediately found the X-Force, picked it up and drew it. As I let it back down the owner approached me asking if I'd like to shoot one. He said he had a left handed 60# on lay away for someone and he'd let me shoot it. They threw a Whisker Biscuit on it ( Lord forgive me, I didn't choose it ), gave me a realease and an arrow and off to the range and chrono we went. I shot 62# @ 28" and a 330gr arrow, 296fps. The bow is SMOKIN'. I was really comfortable with the 62# draw weight and the draw cycle really isn't that harsh. I actually REALLY liked this bow. I LOVED the grip on it too. The bow was actually really quiet, even though it didn't have ANYTHING on it besides a rest. There was a little vibration as well, nothing a good stabilizer couldn't fix though. Overall a GREAT bow! I really liked it. Yet I know this site doesn't seem to be a big fan of the X-Forces, they have a new believer in me.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:57 PM

Default RE: X-Force...and Review

I've noticed... A lot of bows draw cycles don't tend to feel "harsh" until you hit around 64#+.

I first noticed it with the Guardian, but then tried it out on several other manufacturer's bows (PSE, Parker, Kodiak.) Any less than 64# and they were smooth, crank it up and the draw drastically changed.

Try a 70# model and see what happens.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah but you shoot a Ross, so anything is an improvement! [8D]

I havent shot the X-Force but hopefully ill give it a try someday.

I also agree with what WH said...
Old 06-20-2007, 10:19 PM

Will you convert? You just told me to jump on a Cardiac!

That is quitefast at28". How was the noise compared to your Cardiac?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Typical Buck

One day I was at the shop when a guy was trying one out and I was surprised how quiet it was for a speed bow. I really expected it to sound like the old G-Force. “Crack”!
Old 06-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Typical Buck

Had a chance to hear one myself....I have to say...this bow had no dampeners what so ever...and at 64lbs (i think)....it may have been quiter than my BowTech
Old 06-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

dang all the supporters are crawlin out now!!
Old 06-21-2007, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I've noticed... A lot of bows draw cycles don't tend to feel "harsh" until you hit around 64#+.

I first noticed it with the Guardian, but then tried it out on several other manufacturer's bows (PSE, Parker, Kodiak.) Any less than 64# and they were smooth, crank it up and the draw drastically changed.

Try a 70# model and see what happens.
I know what you mean. I specifically said "take that thing off 70# first". If I were to get one of these bows it would definately be a 60# for sure. I could shoot the 62# forever. The draw length was almost a little short on me too. They had a 50# @ 29" shooting 279 with a 330 gr arrow I believe.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: markj

Will you convert? You just told me to jump on a Cardiac!

That is quitefast at28". How was the noise compared to your Cardiac?

I haven't recieved my Cardiac yet so I don't know. I don't see me converting unless there is something I really don't like about the Cardiac.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

That doesn't sound right. Even at 2" less than IBO and at 62#, you were shooting a light arrow...that bow should have been closer to 310 IMO. Maybe the biscuit hold'en you down. WB's are easy to stick on try-out bows in a hurry.

Quick Reply: X-Force...and Review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.