Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Field and Stream Poll on Women Hunters

Old 06-20-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Field and Stream Poll on Women Hunters

indicated the following break-down for bow draw weight out of the 1,000 women that answered:

40lb - 21%
45lb - 30%
50lb - 24%
55lb and over - 23%
Old 06-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Field and Stream Poll on Women Hunters

I can not believe nobody made a comment after 12 pages on the 55# moose thread.

I find no suprises in those numbers
Old 06-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think a lot of guys on here should be embarrassed after seeing the numbers. I think 80% said they are going to use 55 lbs.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife just got her new Vectrix on Tuesday...set at 52#. Tiffany Lakosky is tiny, and she is shooting 54#. Plenty of weight to kill things...even moose!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:48 AM
Dominant Buck

I'd expect a "poll on women hunters" to have a voting system (1-10 / "hot or Not")with lots of pics.

Otherwise I wouldn't even read it.

Just being honest.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:10 AM

I posted it as I was surprised that over half the women pull 50lbs or more. I do not personally know any women that bow hunt and would have guess the most would have pulled less weight.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's confirmed - 77% of women are girly pansies who have no business bowhunting. The remaining 23% doesn't use their inferior gender as an excuse - Instead, they Man-Up Doggie - anddraw weightswith the big dogs. No shame in that.

Seriously, I dated this really butch chick back in the day - guarantee she could draw 90#. That's as much as Rambo.

Okay, okay, before you guys start wiggin' out,calling NAMBLA and the Humane Society - I was joking...
Old 06-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

My wife just got her new Vectrix on Tuesday...set at 52#. Tiffany Lakosky is tiny, and she is shooting 54#. Plenty of weight to kill things...even moose!
They better drop down to 40#'s or so if they shoot a lot or they are going to have bad shoulders when they get older.

Also, it's interesting that women are trying to shoot the heaviest weight they can pull while the men on here are trying to shoot the lightest. The women should stop trying to be so manly and macho before they hurt themselves.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

What one shoots and what one should shoot are two different things.

Tom
Old 06-21-2007, 11:51 AM

My ex is a professional kayak guide that is pretty buff in the shoulders/arms and it was everything she could do to get back 50#'s, which is the legal minimum for brown bear, moose, buffalo and goats up here. At 51#'s she sunk an arrow to the fletching's in a goat but that was because she shot it quartering forward through the liver and guts...[&:] (2 day recovery of a ruined/wasted animal.) Poundage is no substitute for shot selection.

Quick Reply: Field and Stream Poll on Women Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.