Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you guys personalize your bows?

Old 06-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you guys personalize your bows?

No I don't do anything to my Bow or Guns. I'll leave all that hocus pocus to the Benoits'..It works for them!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:25 PM

the only thing that I do is attach a picture of my two kids to the top limb, I use packing tape and it makes it waterproof and it comes right off with goo gone so there is no damage for resale
Old 06-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing needed in the way of personalization with my bows. Whenever someone sees a compound on the bow rack with a flipper rest and no sights, everyone knows it's mine.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right now I have a quote from a multiple time world champion archer on the bottom limb of my Scepter 4 that I use for indoors/fita/field.The first time I read this it sent chills up my back, and to this day itinspires me to actually train on perfecting each piece of what it takes to shoot a perfect arrow instead of just flinging arrows at a target. I can see this quote being onevery competition specific bow I setup in the future.

"I am in control of this arrow. I want to drill this "x". I have spent my life learning how to put this arrow in the "x". Watch me do it."
I do also take a piece of label tape and write the pin settings for all my pin sights on the back of the riser and then put tape over it so it is waterproof. Right now I have 26, 33, 40, 47 on there so I don't forget. I am also the signature pr1ck at the 3D shoots with the all black arrows, I have done this since I started and take a lot of good natured harrassment about it from the locals........[8D]. I also always have the loudest colored strings possible on every bow I shoot as well, and have stickers all over every bow case, toolbox, etc. that I own.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Site Buck Guru

Every time I shoot a deer I take a three-corner file and file a small notch (about 1/8" deep) on the limbs of my bow. I make sure to alternate sides and make the notches directly across from each other. Once I fill up the top limb I start on the bottom limb. When both limbs are filled up it signifies that it's time to buy a new bow. I get quite a few admiring looks when people spot my bow at shoots![:-]
Old 06-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

Every time I shoot a deer I take a three-corner file and file a small notch (about 1/8" deep) on the limbs of my bow. I make sure to alternate sides and make the notches directly across from each other. Once I fill up the top limb I start on the bottom limb. When both limbs are filled up it signifies that it's time to buy a new bow. I get quite a few admiring looks when people spot my bow at shoots![:-]
Ehhhh.....hope you don't shoot a Drenalin! I don't know if I'd go that far...

I do, however, keep and often reuse arrows that I kill deer with. If the fletchings are still good, then I'll take a sharpie and make a hash mark on the index vane. I have one carbon...now retired...that I took 6 deer with. Conversely...if you look at that arrow and inspect the two hen feathers...you will see three trees drawn on one of them....you can guess what happened [:@]but the arrow held up and continued to shoot the best until deer number 6, which snapped the broadhead at the ferrel...leaving the threads in the insert. So its retired....with the back half of a Muzzy still in it.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

You have got brass balls my friend!

I bet your bow looks like it was tied up behind the truck and drug down the interstate with all the good bucks you have put down
Old 06-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I bet your bow looks like it was tied up behind the truck and drug down the interstate with all the good bucks you have put down
Yeah, I just made that up because it sounded cool, sort of wild, wild west like.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Yeah, I just made that up because it sounded cool, sort of wild, wild west like.
You got me. Greg!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:22 PM

i put some stickers on it

Quick Reply: Do you guys personalize your bows?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.