Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you had a choice

Old 06-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If you had a choice

I would love to have my XX tem members again.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't know what ya'll are saying.

It's Bullet Hole's year. Greg knows a "sleeper" when he sees one. All the questions have been answered. It's time.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I DO think that ONLY buck hunting is going against what we're trying to teach the next generation.....and this contest REWARDS those who do that. In that regard....I'd like to see SOMETHING done that would incorporate does (even an earn a buck).
Who is only buck hunting? Just because does were not included in the contest does not mean that guyswere not taking them.

You killed a buck for the contest last year, yes? You also shot some does? What makes you think no one else was doing the same?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Who is only buck hunting?
People who only hunt bucks. We have people who admittedly ONLY hunt mature bucks. There's NOTHING wrong with that. I like their honesty.

Just because does were not included in the contest does not mean that guyswere not taking them.
Nor does it mean they WERE. Profound, huh?

You killed a buck for the contest last year, yes?
Yes

You also shot some does?
I shot one.

What makes you think no one else was doing the same?
I never said they didn't. It would be nice to know, though, wouldn't it?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:46 AM

I'm only hunting bucks.

Some of us aren't fortunate enough to live in a state that allows multiple deer tags.

This is in no way counter productive to teaching the next generation about QDMA. Shooting does is only a portion of QDMA and herd management. Passing on the little ones and taking only mature bucks is a big part.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Who is only buck hunting?
People who only hunt bucks. We have people who admittedly ONLY hunt mature bucks. There's NOTHING wrong with that. I like their honesty.
Last week I had my a$$ handed to me on Q.D.M. thread for admitting I didn't shoot does.[]

Iam trying to change............................
Old 06-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Dominant Buck

I agree with you Wash. If your state's herd was out of control....you'd have more than one tag.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Dominant Buck

bawana....there's nothing wrong with ONLY hunting ANY mature deer......assuming your herd dynamics are in check. More power to ya.

There was and IS a mentality where I live.....that has people only killing bucks. ANY bucks. THAT'S what I'm trying to get people away from.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I agree with you Wash. If your state's herd was out of control....you'd have more than one tag.

Not necessarily true, Jeff.

The folks who write our game laws live on the west side of the state. The doe population on this side is out of whack, big time. Local game wardens have admitted it while discussing it with them at the store. Fact of the matter is, the people on the other side of the state don't visit over here frequently enough to know anything about our animal populations.

Heck, they even wanted to split Washington into two seperate states several years ago. One side is funded almost completely by import/exports (west side) while the other is nearly all agriculturally funded (east side). The laws are made up by the people on the coast, not by anyone living in eastern Washington.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Then what's the responsible thing for you to do, Wash?

Our state's got a fair handle on our herd. We're split into Public/Private regs..........different zones......and we handle it by allowing AS MANY DOES AS A HUNTER DEEMS APPROPRIATE to be killed/taken/harvested/pulverized as long as they're taken on priate land.

I'd be looking for a solution to your problem.

Quick Reply: If you had a choice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.