Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2 for 2 with the flu flu

Old 06-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2 for 2 with the flu flu

I got a couple flu flu's this weekend. Got two rabbits so far. I don't know how accurate they are but I haven't missed so far. They sure are fun to shot and not much of a chance on lossing them. The first rabbit I shot the arrow went through just the top of his skin on his back. I had on a judo point as well so the arrow only went half way through before snagging the ground and stopping.The rabbitran in circles for 10 seconds before getting stuck in a bush. I don't like the taste of rabbit and because he was plentyalive yet, I just unscrewed the judo point and he slide right off the arrow. The second one didn't live. He was given tothe farm cats. 10 kittensand twomother cats got a good feast. Need to keep those catsgood and strong to keep the rat population down. Wish I had my guardian last year when we had so many rabbits that they were killing the trees. We ended up shooting over 200 of them easy, but between the rabbits and the bugs, we still lost about50 ofthe small trees.

I was thinking of getting some Snaro points. Anyone ever try them out? They look like alot of fun. Might work good on goffers and prairie dogs that are just peeking their heads out of the hole.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2 for 2 with the flu flu

So, stop me if i am reading this wrong. But- it sounds like you just said you shot a rabbit, didn't make a good shot and just pulled the arrow out and left it run away??
Old 06-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why are you using Flu-Flu's for rabits? They are pretty much made for arial shooting.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mtfreezer

I got a couple flu flu's this weekend. Got two rabbits so far. I don't know how accurate they are but I haven't missed so far. They sure are fun to shot and not much of a chance on lossing them. The first rabbit I shot the arrow went through just the top of his skin on his back. I had on a judo point as well so the arrow only went half way through before snagging the ground and stopping.The rabbitran in circles for 10 seconds before getting stuck in a bush. I don't like the taste of rabbit and because he was plentyalive yet, I just unscrewed the judo point and he slide right off the arrow. The second one didn't live. He was given tothe farm cats. 10 kittensand twomother cats got a good feast. Need to keep those catsgood and strong to keep the rat population down. Wish I had my guardian last year when we had so many rabbits that they were killing the trees. We ended up shooting over 200 of them easy, but between the rabbits and the bugs, we still lost about50 ofthe small trees.

I was thinking of getting some Snaro points. Anyone ever try them out? They look like alot of fun. Might work good on goffers and prairie dogs that are just peeking their heads out of the hole.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is it rabbit season???
Old 06-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Pa Trophy Man

So, stop me if i am reading this wrong. But- it sounds like you just said you shot a rabbit, didn't make a good shot and just pulled the arrow out and left it run away??
Yes, I did'nt make a pefect shot. I was a couple inches high. The shot just went through the skin. No muscle, bones, or organs. Just the skin on the top of his back. Not hardly any blood. If I thought he wouldn't make it, I would have finished him off. I felt bad for the little guy. Just because I hunt doesn't make me heartless. I also hunt pheasants but still bring in injured of half frozen ones in the winter to let them heal and warm up. I have caught many rabbits under piles of wood with my hands when I was kid or that had been caught by our dogs that had much worse. We would keep them if they were injured and feed them until they were healed. If they would heal up good, the one I shot will be fine and be healed in no time.

Why are you using Flu-Flu's for rabits? They are pretty much made for arial shooting.
Because I don't like busting or lossing arrows. A lot of people use them for squirrels in trees or rabbits. The guy that taught the archery education class I took a few weeks ago suggested using them for small game. He said that the Snaro's work good on goffers, but I don't want to shota pointthat has a high risk of injuring something. Snaros look like they might injure critters too often. They look like fun but only if they do a clean job.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

it is IMPOSSIBLE for a judo point to go just under the skin with no tissue damage .....

and you didn't answer the question .... is it rabbit season where you live?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

it is IMPOSSIBLE for a judo point to go just under the skin with no tissue damage .....

and you didn't answer the question .... is it rabbit season where you live?
The rabbit season post was posted when I was typing mine, so I didn't see it. No it is not rabbit season. That is why we had to call the GF&P to get permission totake care of the rabbits. They even let us take care of skunk when they are not in season. They kill the chicken, geese, and ducks on the farm. They dig underneath the doors to get inside. The GF&P doesn't have a Coservation Officer in our county at the moment, so they let most people handle the problem themselves. Plus, asa police officer they trust my judgment as I help them out a lot more than they help us.

I am no vet and didn't look under it's skin, but it probably did do a little damage to some tissue above the spine. It sure didn't seem to bother the rabbit when he ran away at full speed.

If I would have know I would be getting accussed of being inhuman and a law breaker I wouldn't have posted this thread. For god sakes, I stop and pick up turtles on the road and put them in the ditch so they don't get hit.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good shootin!

Nothing like some archery practice to keep your varmit population down!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.