Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wanting to get a high end sight...G5?

Old 06-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wanting to get a high end sight...G5?

Are .010 pins very bright?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Dominant Buck

If you're looking for a high end sight, G5 would be one of the last on my list.
If you're looking for a high end sight....I haven't seen a reason to buy some of the others mentioned in this thread, either. What would you be paying for?

What you're tyically paying for is micro-adjustment. If you're gonna pay the extra $$....make sure you're getting some bang for your buck.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I received a MBG flashpoint that washington hunter mentioned earlier , it is a great sight , very bright , but not to bright , the photo chromatic pin cover works great , another plus , and improvement over their duskdevil model is a metal pingaurd , I broke a pingaurd last year on my duskdevil ,or should I say the airlines did , they were plastic
Old 06-18-2007, 08:23 AM

To me Spott Hogg and Copper John new Dead Nut 2 are two of the better high end sights.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Boar

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

I'd get the .019" pins if you buy the G5. I have the ME model and like it a great deal. Very light and adjusting the sight is a breeze. The guide that comes with the sight will get you close for the pin gaps and setting if you know the speed of your arrow.

You have to decide how bright you like your pins. The factory fibers are ok. However, I replaced the factory fibers with Fitz Fibers.

I bought the sightnew off a guy here for a lot less than the stock price though.

Great sight but as stated here, the pins aren't the brightest.

My thoughts exactly...I traded my for a Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Supreme and I am much happier. Good luck.
My thoughts as well. I was really liking the G5 sights and a buddy of mine bought them before I could. Good thing he did and not me. The pins weren't as bright as I was expecting. I too am working on getting the Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Supreme, however, they seem to be pretty hard to come by. I talked to a person at CJ and they said they are back up with orders.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:21 AM

I think I am going to end up going with the spot hogg hunter

http://www.realdealoutdoors.com/product_info.php?cPath=36_479_480_497&products _id=3973

I ended up trying out a buddies bow with the 5 pin version on it and Iliked it, was nice and bright and easy to aim...even though the bow wasnt set up for me at all. I dont want to wait for a dead nuts, and I have always liked the spot hoggs.

I will let everyone know how it shoots when I get it put on.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:22 AM

Oh, and THANKS AGAIN to everyone for the great advice!
Old 06-18-2007, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

The G5 ME sight isn't high end because of the fibers.

Why the G5 costs what it does it in the materials, simple micro adjustments,ease of adjustment, and other features.

IMO it is one of the absolute easiest sights to adjust and lock in place. It is made of magnesium so it weighs 1/2 as much as comprable aluminum sights, Itis third axis adjustable, has built in rubber arrow bumper, Bubble level, and a few other features that and very handy.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

The reason the ME modelfibers aren'tthat bright is that the fibers go into the hole for the LED. The adjustablility is great on the sight and if you really want bright fibers you go aftermarket. People do that with even the Spott Hogs.I shot mine for a few months with the OEM fibers without any issues indoors. Outdoors they were bright enough.

I like my ME and would buy another one just for the adjustablility and then lock down features of the sight. Once set the pins aren't going anywhere.

However, it's your money and your choice what to buy.