Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Switching Bow Brands

Old 06-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Switching Bow Brands

What does it take for you to switch bow brands?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Switching Bow Brands

Less vibration, faster, quieter and more accurate and durable than my bowtech guardian.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:50 PM

Been shooting Hoyt for the last 6 years and have owned 6 different Hoyts and loved them all. It would be hard to imagine shooting something else. To answer your question though when I switched to Hoyt is was because of a customer service/limb issue with the brand of bow I was shooting.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Kelly/KY

Less vibration, faster, quieter and more accurate and durable than my bowtech guardian.
What he said. Or if I would get it for free and it was close.

I just did switch from Mathews to Bowtech about a month ago after shooting Mathews since 1996.. I shot most of the top bows and couldn't put the gaurdian down.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

I've been contemplating this same scenario right now. I currently shoot an Archery Research AR31. I have always owned PSE products since I started bowhunting. When I purchased the AR it only came with the 65% let off. Their newer models now have 80%. I called their cust. service the other day in an attempt at purchasing the newer cam and module. To my dismay, they told me that they won't just sell me the cam. The rep told me I should consider upgrading to a new bow. I thought about what he said and have considered going out and shooting the newer model Hoyts, Mathews, and Bowtechs. I shoot the AR fine and have been satisfied with it, I was just looking for some relief at full draw. Let me know some opinions.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:52 PM

I really love Hoyt, but I'm not "loyal" to them, if you know what I mean. I almost bought a Cardiac a few weeks ago, but it just didn't perform as well as my Vectrix......All it would take is for the "new" bow to shoot and perform better than my current one.

I'm more about performance than brand, though sometimes it may not seem that way.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty simple really - it has to shoot noticably better than my current bow, and any other bows that I shoot. I'm not loyal to a brand, I'm loyal to performance.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Pretty simple really - it has to shoot noticably better than my current bow, and any other bows that I shoot. I'm not loyal to a brand, I'm loyal to performance.
Ditto.

It doesn't hurt when I shoot them all.......and then my shop owner makes me an offer I can't refuse.....to shoot the bow I want to shoot.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brand name does not affect me at all, as I am not loyal to any brand (yet)
Old 06-15-2007, 11:02 PM

I have been shooting a bowtech for the last 4 years, I have owned 3 of them, but I am not loyal to them. When bowtech starts giving them to me for free then I will be loyal. I think that anyone who drops $800.00 on a new bow without shooting most of the new bows from the major manufactures is crazy. bottom line is I am going to buy whatever brand and model performs the best for me whether it Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt or Ross

Quick Reply: Switching Bow Brands

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.